Frey

Has anyone thought (or done) of adding a Rohloff to a Frey AM1000 or CC?
This seems like an easy question to answer, even for me. I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I think there would be a consensus among people who are that adding the weight of a Rohloff hub motor to the AM1000 or CC would not improve the performance or handling of these bikes but would hinder it. If you’ve read reviews of the Bafang Ultra motor, then you know that it is a very powerful motor and can certainly handle any riding conditions you’re likely to encounter.

This seems like an easy question to answer, even for me. I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I think there would be a consensus among people who are that adding the weight of a Rohloff hub motor to the AM1000 or CC would not improve the performance or handling of these bikes but would hinder it. If you’ve read reviews of the Bafang Ultra motor, then you know that it is a very powerful motor and can certainly handle any riding conditions you’re likely to encounter.
Well that is a matter preference.
For many people, the comfort and maintenance free aspect of an IGH versus a classic derailleur is very high on the list :)

Yes 4 months, was supposed to ship in January but didn’t make the last plane before new year, ordered with fenders,lights,rack and extra battery
835.00 shipping
I'm on the fence about ordering the rear rack and F/R fenders for my AM1000 order. I can't tell from the pictures whether the fenders attach to the rear rack or is independent. Can you share your thoughts on it?

I'm curious as to what the fenders look like on a AM1000.

Check out their bikes on Alibaba, that is where this pic is from.

I'm on the fence about ordering the rear rack and F/R fenders for my AM1000 order. I can't tell from the pictures whether the fenders attach to the rear rack or is independent. Can you share your thoughts on it?

Send them a message through Alibaba or email. They are very good at answering inquiries.

Sounds like Frey is running 3 weeks behind due to the virus.

Dear FREY customer,

We just come back for working from holiday this week due to virus effect in China during our Spring Festival, it delay us around 3 weeks to come back for work in order to support goverment to control the virus spread well. Luckily, everything is recovering gradually. But this situation directly effect our production time and shipment arrangment for your order.
We will start to arrange production in March and try to make all bikes ready to ship from China in the end of March.

Earlier our production plan for your order should be happened in February and arrange delivery in early March.
It will be around 3 weeks late than our plan. and around 40 days for shipment from our place to your hand.
Hope this situation is acceptable to you.
We are really very sorry to tell this.
Any further question / doubt please feel free reply to us.

Interesting. I just emailed Grace today and asked when to expect shipment by air and by sea if I order a bike in March, as I expect to do. I’m also thinking about a Rize bike as they are ready to ship now and at about the same price, but the Frey components are better.

For the Frey CC, yes. All their other bikes are offered in multiple frame sizes.

Oh, you might be asking about Rize bikes.

Dave, have you also looked at the Biktrix Juggernaut ultra 1000. That is the one besides the Rize rx and Frey cc I thought stood out.My favorite is the Frey but the time frame to get one is frustrating.

Dave, have you also looked at the Biktrix Juggernaut ultra 1000. That is the one besides the Rize rx and Frey cc I thought stood out.My favorite is the Frey but the time frame to get one is frustrating.
Biktrix with 21amp battery is a good deal more money — may $800 or even more, I can’t remember exactly. Also, though I don’t remember exactly, I think the Frey may have some better components.

I hope not, I ordered on the 3rd of Feb, was told it'd be in my hands by early / mid march.
I did however get an email from Frey yesterday telling me production had started on the bike.

The group buy bikes are going by container ship and then freight forwarder. Frey probably would have missed their original container ship due to the long 'holiday' and had to reschedule along with how many other small Chinese businesses reworking their plans.

It's possible the earliest arrangements they could make that still gives them enough time to produce all the group buy bikes is later than optimal and they have a window to produce individual orders that are going out Express.

Early/mid March does sound optimistic but I'm not surprised that a bike probably going air to Australia will get delivered before the US group buy bikes.

Back