Frey CC

Upon further investigation, the problem appears to be chain skipping over the SAME cog. This only happens on heavy load while pedaling and using throttle. I found a video of someone having similar issue here the sound of chain skip is identical to mine:

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issue and found a solution. I'd also programmed the Designated Assist Level to 9 under Throttle Handle, which gives max power when depressing throttle regardless of PAS level. Could this have been too much to wear out the smallest cog prematurely (I mostly use the smallest cog) or stretched the chain? I've rode the bike less than 10 times.
This happened to me a couple of times on my analog bike. I couldn't chase it down either by retensioning the shifter cable or adjusting the derailleur. Super frustrating until a local bike shop mechanic said that the chain and cassette wear at the same time. The roller pins in the chain wear down in diameter to the point that the chain physically gets longer and it can't maintain the same physical relationship to the teeth of the cogs on your cassette, which then shows up as skipping. He recommended replacing chain and cassette at the same time. I know that it's expensive, but it worked every time for me. Cured me of being a Dura Ace snob, though!

My CC arrived yesterday. FEDEX banged up the shipping pretty good and delivered it to my wife upside down. Put it together last night and found the front caliper pressure hose severed. All the fluid leaked out. No front brake :( Contacted Cecelia and she is immediately sending out the replacement. I will file a claim with Fedex as well. Took it for a ride yesterday anyway. I'm in love. Needs some tweaking and adjustment, but otherwise in perfect shape. I should have ordered a dropper post with the bike in hindsight. Does anyone know what brand and model Frey was supplying with the bike? I'm going to get one.
Frey CC new.jpeg

It just got real...

Scheduled delivery:​

Thursday, April 15, 2021 by end of day​

My CC arrived yesterday. FEDEX banged up the shipping pretty good and delivered it to my wife upside down. Put it together last night and found the front caliper pressure hose severed. All the fluid leaked out. No front brake :( Contacted Cecelia and she is immediately sending out the replacement. I will file a claim with Fedex as well. Took it for a ride yesterday anyway. I'm in love. Needs some tweaking and adjustment, but otherwise in perfect shape. I should have ordered a dropper post with the bike in hindsight. Does anyone know what brand and model Frey was supplying with the bike? I'm going to get one. View attachment 84769
On my radar for possible order/delivery for Spring 2022... So be prepared to answer a lot of questions between now and then 🤣
To pop the cherry.... Any comparable short riders out there? I'm 5'5" / 30" inseam.... How's the fit?
If anyone gets bored with there new bikes... Could you measure min/max seat height from ground?

My son is on his way over to assemble it. He has turned into quite the bike mechanic, but he asked if I had any grease for the assembly. I don't remember anyone mentioning grease before...

:cool:Taylor. Calling Taylor. Is it bad news Tay? Is that why you are slacking? Letting your fellow adicts twist in the wind? So the bike was damaged in shipping. And you just can’t bear to report. OK. We understand. :(

LOOK dag nabit. We been holdin your hand all these months. DO NOT leave us in the lurch. Put the fork down and take some dang pics of that banana colored electric bicycle !!!

Last edited:
Back