Frey CC

@Taylor57 I wouldn't cut those nice grips. Use a different handlebar mount or a helmet mounted mirror.

So how is it compared to your Espin?

I literally have not driven it a foot. My kids took it for spins down the street and said it felt great. I noticed this morning upon mounting it, the bottle cage is going to have to go. Hits me in a bad spot. I am fine with a bottle in the back of my Topeak bag. Todays mission is to crack the code and figure out how to use the display to set the time and switch from KM to MPH. I didnt receive an owners manual and the display manual on the internet is a bunch of gobbledee gook..

Was able to print the display manual and convert my display to MPH and set the time. I am in business. I many sneak a ride a little later when the lady goes to the dog park. She is nurse Ratchett!!

Hey Ebike Addict. I just received the identical CC as yours and have a couple of questions. What are you doing for a rear view mirror and if you cut out the end of the existing grip, how did you do it and has it remained clean and tidy. Also, I am considering that same Topeak bag setup you have. Has it been stable and do you have a dropper post? Thanks, Taylor
Hi Taylor. Congratulations on your CC; it is a great bike. After 1,500 miles, I am still just as excited to ride it as the first day. To answer your questions:
1. I was also hesitant to open a hole in the grip for a mirror attachment. So, I am using one of those smaller mirrors that you attach on your handlebar. (see picture). You can find those mirrors in any bike shop.

2. With regard to the Topeak bag, I found it very useful and stable. I don't have a dropper post. I initially installed it above the stock rack. However because of the vertical travel of the rear wheel due to the rear shock, the stock rack will sometimes hit the bottom of the Topeak rack. So I ended up removing the stock rack and transferring the rear light to the back of the Topeak rack. I am using a connector that allows me to remove the rear light wire if I need to take the Topeak rack off. (see picture).

Mirror_CC.jpg

Topeak_CC.jpg

Hope this helps!

Hi Taylor. Congratulations on your CC; it is a great bike. After 1,500 miles, I am still just as excited to ride it as the first day. To answer your questions:
1. I was also hesitant to open a hole in the grip for a mirror attachment. So, I am using one of those smaller mirrors that you attach on your handlebar. (see picture). You can find those mirrors in any bike shop.

2. With regard to the Topeak bag, I found it very useful and stable. I don't have a dropper post. I initially installed it above the stock rack. However because of the vertical travel of the rear wheel due to the rear shock, the stock rack will sometimes hit the bottom of the Topeak rack. So I ended up removing the stock rack and transferring the rear light to the back of the Topeak rack. I am using a connector that allows me to remove the rear light wire if I need to take the Topeak rack off. (see picture).

View attachment 85309

View attachment 85308

Hope this helps!

Thanks EbikeA, Im leaning towards that same type of mirror. I also notice our display controls are different. Lastly, I have a dropper post so the Topeak may not work...

I'm waiting for my CC to arrive in June. My other ebike has a rearview mirror sits next to my throttle

Attachments

• SportR500-008 - mirror.jpg
    SportR500-008 - mirror.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 165
  • SportR500-008.jpg
    SportR500-008.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 172
Was able to print the display manual and convert my display to MPH and set the time. I am in business. I many sneak a ride a little later when the lady goes to the dog park. She is nurse Ratchett!!
Got out for about a 10 minute drive. Was in ECO and didn't use the throttle. Still trying to figure out the shifting and how and when to change gears. Was able to sequence through 3 or 4 PAS levels, but never out of ECO.

Got out for about a 10 minute drive. Was in ECO and didn't use the throttle. Still trying to figure out the shifting and how and when to change gears. Was able to sequence through 3 or 4 PAS levels, but never out of ECO.
I never use sport mode. Hardly ever even use Eco 5. Turn the motor off and pedal it around without power and you can better understand the gearing.

I've been reading through this thread as I consider the CC..it's great being able to learn from others experiences
@TomD
It seems that you really like the X1 controller... But I'm curious if you tried to tune the stock controller before switching it out.
Reason being is that the stock programming from bafang is notoriously known to be a bit aggressive and not tuned for smoothness or efficiency. Not saying that you may be able to adjust it to a level to match the X1.. but wondering if any attempts were made. Thanks

@Taylor57... Try some Italian urgent care in the meantime... Honey & Lemon after some hot tea

No, the sampling frequency limitations of the stock controller were enough to convince me it would be a waste of time. Also the realization that pushkar is a smart guy and he wouldn't have made the investment to bring the controller to the US if he though he could just tune the stock controller. Similarly for innotrace/exess, they wouldn't have made the investment to roll their own if the stock controller was worth tinkering with.

No, the sampling frequency limitations of the stock controller were enough to convince me it would be a waste of time. Also the realization that pushkar is a smart guy and he wouldn't have made the investment to bring the controller to the US if he though he could just tune the stock controller. Similarly for innotrace/exess, they wouldn't have made the investment to roll their own if the stock controller was worth tinkering with.
Hi Tom

Got my CC and haven taken it for a 3 minute ride. Refresh my memory on what is involved in having Pushkar replace my controller.

Hi Tom

Got my CC and haven taken it for a 3 minute ride. Refresh my memory on what is involved in having Pushkar replace my controller.
Go to WW site and read their instructions for sending them your motor. As to actually removing your motor there are threads on that. Use the search function. Scroll down here

to see the special tools you need and further advice on doing the job.

Yes they are very smart and differentiating themselves from the pack and selling the X1 at a premium proves this.
But I have yet to find a meaningful comparison or someone with real world experience that can speak to the difference between a tweaked stock controller and the X1.
I don't think this to be an absurd request...but it seems that those who have purchased the x1 never experimented, so I may just do this myself.
As mentioned earlier.. . My tweaked stock bbs02b controller feels much different from the day I installed it.

My son came by and switched bikes with me today and took the CC. I am going out of town so I have still only ridden CC a half mile or so. The text I just received:

32 mph throttle only

Back