Frey CC

Is it me or would anyone else like another higher gear? I've only got 50+ miles in flatland Florida but at 18mph/30kmh pedals are spinning fast and easy, would love to slow that down a bit. I know turn off the Bafang but what fun is that?

Is it me or would anyone else like another higher gear? I've only got 50+ miles in flatland Florida but at 18mph/30kmh pedals are spinning fast and easy, would love to slow that down a bit. I know turn off the Bafang but what fun is that?
How many teeth on your chainring?

Ya absolutely, I was told to change the chainring to a 48T but will I need to upgrade other parts with it?

Ya absolutely, I was told to change the chainring to a 48T but will I need to upgrade other parts with it?
I don't know. This is a question I have had as well. You will need to talk to a parts supplier for Bafang. When doing this you want to keep your chain line alignment and the bolt pattern has to be the same. There's a guy on this board named greeno or greano who builds bikes and has a lot of experience with Bafang. Look him up and message him using the 'inbox' up in the top right corner. I'm sure he can steer you right. Or you might be able to call up California ebikes and talk to them.

On some bikes you can run into problems with too large a chain ring hitting the chain stay.

I don't know. This is a question I have had as well. You will need to talk to a parts supplier for Bafang. When doing this you want to keep your chain line alignment and the bolt pattern has to be the same. There's a guy on this board named greeno or greano who builds bikes and has a lot of experience with Bafang. Look him up and message him using the 'inbox' up in the top right corner. I'm sure he can steer you right. Or you might be able to call up California ebikes and talk to them.

On some bikes you can run into problems with too large a chain ring hitting the chain stay.
Great thanks Reed will follow up on that. FYI I'd reached out to Frey and here was their reply:

Regarding the chainring, you can try it, we did not use 48T, our largest is only 44T.

Great thanks Reed will follow up on that. FYI I'd reached out to Frey and here was their reply:

Regarding the chainring, you can try it, we did not use 48T, our largest is only 44T.
48 is a big step. We're not talking about a lot of money. You might think about trying 44 first. Also talking to more CC owners on the board. There are half a dozen or so. I'm not one. I have a rebadged Frey AM 1000. Give it a couple days for more CC owners to see this thread.

Thanks, reed scott followed thread and ordered a 44T chainring, will update once I install.

Thanks, reed scott followed thread and ordered a 44T chainring, will update once I install.
See if you can find a you tube video on changing out a chainring. I've never done it. You may need blue locktite. I believe your chain should be long enough for just the 4 tooth expansion.

See if you can find a you tube video on changing out a chainring. I've never done it. You may need blue locktite. I believe your chain should be long enough for just the 4 tooth expansion.
Thanks Reed, the stock chainring is a 40T so perhaps you're right jumping to a 48T might be a bit much and I'd rather not have to get new chains.

I upgraded my chainring to a 46 tooth, you need a longer chain for that. It is easy to change out the chainring and I had to do very little adjustment. You may be able to keep your chain with a 44 tooth.

Does anyone have info on these screens?

Attachments

• IMG_1379.JPG
    IMG_1379.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1380.JPG
    IMG_1380.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 228
Mine doesn't. Guessing because it's new and hasn't been used long enough?
I think these are supposed to be current values, ie; screen 2 "Cycle Times" I know I've cycled the batteries several times, screen 3&4 look like readings from BMS. Wondering if I have a problem or this is future software updates.

I think these are supposed to be current values, ie; screen 2 "Cycle Times" I know I've cycled the batteries several times, screen 3&4 look like readings from BMS. Wondering if I have a problem or this is future software updates.
This is something for the future and it would take a BMS that has an output for the DPC18 display

I like the features of the CC, and am tempted to buy one, but I a 6'3 and wonder if it would be to small. Can anyone tell me how it fits a taller person?

I am 6’2” and it if finer. My 5’4” wife can also ride it but I do have the commuter bars that angle back. It is a great bike that does street as well as trails. A little heavy though. It is power hungry. I have the Shinano 250w hub motor w/torque assist and 423wh battery. After we ride on the street they are almost the same battery % usage.

Upgrade the controller and you will see a big improvement in efficiency. Frey indicates the CC will will work well for riders 160 to 190 cm (approx. 5' 3" to 6' 3").

I got an email from Frey today that said:

Shimano DEORE M6000 10 speed quoted before is no longer in stock, we will now configure SRAM NX 11S (11-42T) for your bike.

They then asked if that was acceptable. I said yes but was just curious as to the comparability...

Back