Frey CC

I've installed a 44T chainring, took less than an hour. The only issue I had was the chainring nut wrench, 1st one (CNW-2) didn't fit then the 2nd one (Kenway RL 207) didn't fit either. After some hacksawing in the groves I got it to fit. I needed tork mm as well as allen mm sets. The chain guide had to move up for the bigger chainring. Short test ride and I like it much better, now there's a nice pressure in top gear and peddling at 20-22mph feels much better. I bought the 44T from Wolftooth.

Anyone else waiting for a Frey CC? I ordered in October. Hoping it shows next month...
I ordered my CC on 10/09 and Cecilia just sent me the pictures of the finished bike. Now I have to wait and see how long it takes to get to Florida by slow boat. LOL. Can't wait.

Attachments

• Frey CC_7.jpg
    Frey CC_7.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 749
frey-cc_7-jpg.77656

Beautiful bike!

I know I'm probably the last person on earth to learn this, but...

F ree
R ide
E njoy
Y ourself

🙂
FYI: Because your pic shows something some Frey owners find out the hard way, like me. Without that little kicker on the end of the rear fender you will get a wet butt. My bike did not have it and I have since improvised one. 👍

It really is a beautiful bike. Every time I walk down the stairs I admire the red queen in the foyer. My wife is less thrilled with the storage location.
I have already prepped my wife for when I get one, that the bike is going in the spare room. I wanted to get an AM1000 but I've got a long torso and short legs.
stand over hight limitation,
Plus my hips make it difficult to swing my leg over the seat.
Tom do you thing the CC will stand up to light single track no jumping or crazy down hill?
I've asked Frey for a better from fork ( Yari )
And a better rear shock.
The shock is difficult because they choose a very odd size 165x38mm
RockShock does make Yari in 150mm
But Frey seems pretty reluctant to supply what I'm looking for.
It might be a supply availability issue?
I'm unsure at the moment... Tom
I've really enjoyed your feedback and videos Thank heaps Mate, any more videos would be appreciated
Rob

Just ordered mine a few minutes ago...........the waiting begins!!!!!

Frey said the delivery time will be three months plus an extra month for shipping to New Zealand.

A local bike importer reckons 3 months in Chinese means five months!

counting the days already.........

Is there are way to increase the size of the standard battery without adding an extra case
No, best solution is to upgrade the controller to achieve 15-35% more range. With aftermarket controller, my butt wears out before the CC battery does. YMMV depending on how much you pedal.

Tom do you thing the CC will stand up to light single track no jumping or crazy down hill?
I honestly don't know as I've only ridden gravel with my CC. The moto-x tires tend to spin in the dirt but if you put on knobby tires it will probably work fine for light single track. It also doesn't feel particularly nimble in turns - I'd say it rides / maneuvers more like a cadillac than a sports car, but that could just be my lack of skill.

I honestly don't know as I've only ridden gravel with my CC. The moto-x tires tend to spin in the dirt but if you put on knobby tires it will probably work fine for light single track. It also doesn't feel particularly nimble in turns - I'd say it rides / maneuvers more like a cadillac than a sports car, but that could just be my lack of skill.
Thanks Tom
I'm sure it will be ok not going hard and the off-road tires will help a lot

I ordered my CC on 10/09 and Cecilia just sent me the pictures of the finished bike. Now I have to wait and see how long it takes to get to Florida by slow boat. LOL. Can't wait.
I think I ordered mine right around the same time as you. Cant wait to see a picture!

Hey Tom,
I got the red color because of your videos, and read how long it took you to get your bike thru the group purchase. Thanks for those informative reviews and advice! I just got slammed up the side of my head by Cecilia. Yesterday I got my completed pictures and immediately paid the balance of the bike on my CC to expedite shipment. I was told by Cecilia that she would arrange for shipping ASAP and she previously assured me they would send me the bike before the CN New Year. Knowing that, I expected the bike would be here sometime in late Feb or March, but I woke up this morning to miserable email from her. See below:

"Hi
I am very sorry to inform you that domestic logistics has been stopped due to the CN New Year. We need to arrange your order after the CN New Year. We will probably return in March. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you."

Wow! Now that I paid the balance, I find out that the bike won't even be shipped until March and probably won't arrive to the USA until April or May, even though the CN New Year doesn't even begin until 2/12. Had I known that, I would have waited to pay until March. As of now, my credit card bill will have to be paid way before they even ship the bike. This will make my wait since I ordered it to somewhere between 6 or 7 months. What a bummer. Looks like Christmas is never coming.... Taylor, looks like you'll be on that wait list as well.

Hi Rick, it's very unfortunate that your bike is delayed. Due to Covid cases in Shanghai the province is more or less in lockdown, I heard yesterday that thousands of trucks cannot enter Shanghai port and are stuck on the roads leading into the port. On top of that there is a huge shortage of shipping containers as everyone wants to ship out of China, less containers are coming in.
Crazy times.....

Back