Forum Features: Your Opinion Wanted!

Besides EBR, what other ebike forums do you use?

• electricbike.com

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • ebikesforum.com

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • bikeforums.net

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • emtbforums.com

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Reddit

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Other (I'll say which site in the comments)

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • None

Votes: 37 37.0%

• Total voters
@Stefan Mikes , @E-Wheels , @Tars Tarkas , and anyone else who wants to be able to ignore threads - now you can! All threads will now have an "Ignore" button:

1607628674934.png

Ignoring it should hide it from New Posts, Similar Threads, and... everywhere, hopefully!

I've only done a little testing to make sure the addon doesn't break the site. Please let me know if it suits your needs :)

--Edit: You can ignore entire forums too!

Last edited:
@Stefan Mikes , @E-Wheels , @Tars Tarkas , and anyone else who wants to be able to ignore threads - now you can! All threads will now have an "Ignore" button:

View attachment 73917

Ignoring it should hide it from New Posts, Similar Threads, and... everywhere, hopefully!

I've only done a little testing to make sure the addon doesn't break the site. Please let me know if it suits your needs :)

You're the man! Thank you. Political threads are gone.

I won't show you mine and now I won't have to look at yours:oops:

View attachment 73917

Thanks...much appreciated :)

Yes. Lock but not delete.

I dislike it when a thread starter nukes a thread that had pertinent information in it (that may or may not have been their own posts).

Actually deleting a thread often causes technical issues. But the ability to "lock" a thread will make it disappear pretty fast on a busy board like this. Two cents.
How would I lock a thread I started, please?

@PatriciaK and @Stefan Mikes ... These are issues for @troehrkasse or someone who isn't an old dinosaur, but every thread is stored in a database ( like rows in a spreadsheet) and those entries are also stored in indexes ( like the index in an old fashioned textbook ) . When an entry is deleted, every index must be updated or every record thereafter is now pointing to the wrong row number.
"Locking" doesn't require reindexing just "freezing" the record and is an admin function subject to the way the forum software assigns permissions.
Clear as mud, I know. 🤪

Deleting a thread means deleting a single database pointer. I used to be a programmer Art, and I also used to be a forum Admin :)

First time posters, who pose a problem-solving question, receive several plausibly useful answers, and never respond with what did or did not work for them. Perhaps they could be encouraged to follow up and give a little back to the community they just dipped from?

You should be able to delete records without messing up others... or that's bad forum software. And this particular forum does seem to support deletions because mods do it to offensive posts/threads.

But as an overall policy, users should not be able to delete their own threads. I don't even think they should be able to delete their own posts (editing is fine) but this forum does allow you to delete (or at least the option is available).

I've been a member of other forums/boards and users have deleted/edited their posts when they get mad at some other member and then the thread's conversational value gets disrupted. A recent member either self deleted or his account was deleted by a mod, but at least his posts remained of which some were of high value to readers which is how it should be.

Back