Forum Features: Your Opinion Wanted!

Besides EBR, what other ebike forums do you use?

• electricbike.com

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • ebikesforum.com

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • bikeforums.net

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • emtbforums.com

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Reddit

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Other (I'll say which site in the comments)

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • None

Votes: 37 37.0%

• Total voters
Kneebenderbiker, welcome to EBR. Some of your points of concern/interest might be addressed by knowing more about who you're reading. Click on a members screen name or handle and you can see when they joined and maybe a bit more. Click on it again and you can see what other topics they've posted on, how many posts, get a flavor for if they support and contribute etc. and how recently.

Then put @kneebenderbiker in your text and they will get a notification.
I for one miss you and your posts.
My titanium Cross Tour was delivered and is a real beast.
I wonder about your experiences and developments.
Thanks for helping inspire me. Did the Kindernay work out?
I have a friend looking for a WW ti bike in med or small.
Here's the Happy New Year I didn't get to wish you !!!

Paul

I can ignore others but it would also be nice if when I do, they also ignore me. Just ^^^ it says 'Show ignored content.' I won't look.

Ask for the feature to Block users.
Every family has a mental case. This fraternity is no different. People say what they please.
America's Constitution was partly authored by a rabble-rousing newspaper editor and everyone laughed at the Wright brothers. For us reasonable dissent is a cultural norm.
What a mundane world this would be if everyone agreed - but you can click on a members icon, then click on "ignore".

Every family has a mental case. This fraternity is no different. People say what they please.
America's Constitution was partly authored by a rabble-rousing newspaper editor and everyone laughed at the Wright brothers. For us reasonable dissent is a cultural norm.
What a mundane world this would be if everyone agreed - but you can click on a members icon, then click on "ignore".
Virtually any social media service has the Blocking feature. You may Ignore your stalkers but they will not Ignore you. What Uma is actually asking for is the Blocking feature.

EBR has that as well.
Problem in the past was real or imagined offenses - where it was apparent statements of dislike were mutual combat.
Reasoning "You may Ignore your stalkers but they will not Ignore you" does not support the conclusion we should "Ask for the feature to Block users" as a solution.
Controversy would lead to a melee of disgruntled members whimsically blocking other members - what you lobbied for - not an anti-"stalkers" solutions.
Maybe the 'stalker' gets down first and blocks you?
Bad players tend to have experience 'using the system'.
Perhaps a Thumbs-Down option, clear censure by the community would be useful ?
I support free thinking - not institutionalized 'gang-rule', nor belligerent contrarianism towards 'settled matters'.
Critical thinking - dialectic reasoning - is brutal. Defending a premise and (heaven forbid) being wrong (a large percentage of the time) complicates matters.
Mia culpa, it's totally selfish on my part. You pass wisdom on, an asset and I don't want some creep banning you. (Maybe we'd enact a 'reinstatement clause/ petition', or you could compromise yourself, do what creeps do, use another browser and identity?).
Trusting in letting people make an ass out of themselves (ahem) and EBR moderators to professionally review complaints, I seriously doubt those I find distasteful should be banned, or that my logic is more cogent than yours.
I don't want anybody banning me from seeing anyone.
It's not your (or my) decision to make.

Fn'F

Last edited:
Wow! Just registered on this forum, and the same ridiculous childish stuff seems to follow every forum?! Guess it's the way of the world these days? This is a simple e-bike forum, but there is always that person or persons to start a fire one way or the other?
Biggest turn off on every forum I've ever been on! Nice to meet you folks that are not 💩 starters;)👍

Wow! Just registered on this forum, and the same ridiculous childish stuff seems to follow every forum?! Guess it's the way of the world these days? This is a simple e-bike forum, but there is always that person or persons to start a fire one way or the other?

Biggest turn off on every forum I've ever been on! Nice to meet you folks that are not 💩 starters;)👍

Not sure how you "registered" but I don't see a positive contribution so far.
Criticism's kinda a loser introduction. An entitlement mentality must be worthy.
You have it wrong. This is a touchy topic.
Eastern Europeans demand authoritarian controls; Western, liberal, even libertarian's see that as inane.
This isn't Candyland with wooden soldier's marching to the same drum, where lost 'Alice' girls fall asleep in poppy fields (damn, fentanyl and all, that's a bad historical-poetic analogy, sorry).
Dismissive snobbery is the main problem I see here. Nothing childish about it. The enemy of such delusions is dialogue and 'Oh nevermind, you wouldn't understand anyway' is only more of the same.

Back