Ford F-150 Lightning - perfect truck for E-bike owners

How can you not be excited about this! If the range is 400 average, no worry about running out of charge. My F150 gets the same, three year and I’ll have one. (I don’t trust 1st year cars). This will begins the most amazing time for car enthuses. The smaller version, GMC’s version, Toyota versions. Imagine when you’ll be able to charge your EV with solar panel!
Then solar roof will be the norm. We live in interesting times if you’re 60+. From jet engine to walking on the moon, cell phones, computers, nuke power, An now the dawn of commonly used clean energy!
I think the extended range version is 300 miles, but you won't get that towing or with a full bed. You also can't recharge the battery in the less than the five minutes it takes to fill a gas tank. Swapping batteries has potential if there were standards for battery form factors. TBH, I am not that excited about solar or wind energy. There are lots of negatives to go with the benefits of those solutions. They only work when the sun is shining or the wind is blowing. Both solar and wind farms kill a lot of birds and, of course, you need a lot of real estate for these farms that no one wants installed in their neighborhoods. I think nuclear energy is a better solution. New designs are very compact and could be installed almost anywhere. Breeder reactors would go a long way to solving the nuclear waste issue, but politics have made nuclear power a difficult proposition.

How can you not be excited about this! If the range is 400 average, no worry about running out of charge. My F150 gets the same, three year and I’ll have one. (I don’t trust 1st year cars). This will begins the most amazing time for car enthuses. The smaller version, GMC’s version, Toyota versions. Imagine when you’ll be able to charge your EV with solar panel!
Then solar roof will be the norm. We live in interesting times if you’re 60+. From jet engine to walking on the moon, color TV, cell phones, computers, nuke power, An now the dawn of commonly used clean energy!
My old E-250 has dual tanks with a range of 640 .mi., of course today´s gas price that´s about $150.
Small wonder I drove a bit less than 500 mi last year. Still, I´ve no desire to spend $40K without
even buying a tank of gas; thatś just nuts, & then there´s licences fees, insurance,& the big ´?´
maintenance. The more parts, gismos, & widgets that go into today´s auto, the more there is to go wrong.

Back