Floor pump for Schrader Heads

geepondy

Region
USA
I have a bicycle pump with a "smart" head for both Presta and Schrader valves. Does ok with Presta, horrible with Schrader. It's hard to get the head attached to the stem and easy to push the valve stem back into the the rim when attempting to do so. Looking for a floor pump recommendation that does either Schrader only or has a dual head. Not ever used one but I'm assuming the Schrader head in a dual head will do better than what I have now. Doesn't have to be fancy, Only mainly used to top off pressure on one or two bikes. Another pro is that I don't like the pumps that you lift the head lever up as opposed to clicking down to lock to the stem but not a deal breaker if it easily attaches to a Schrader valve.

If the valve is going back into the rim, it sounds like you might find fitting a nut that holds the valve in place is worth a try first. Schrader valves should not need to much effort to connect. No different to blowing up your car tyres at the servo.

612j5EAmLXL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

If you want to go down the pump route, I personally would purchase a Lezyne pump. They have a range to choose from.

I second the Lezyne recco from @Aushiker This one has served me well...

It threads onto the valve, as opposed clamping, but the threading is butter-smooth, and easy to go between Schrader and Presta.

The other option is battery powered inflator either one with inbuilt battery or inflator that uses powertool batteries.
I've been using 18V Ryboi one for few years and its perfect for inflating bike tires.

Back