First impressions of Step-thru Lectric bike

wings02

Received the bike yesterday and unpacked it this morning. Bike seemed to be in great condition. No scratches or dents as far as I can see. No real assembly, just unwrap it, unfold it, and make minor adjustments on seat and handlebar height. Took it for a 30 second spin but didn't change gears. Brakes needed to be adjusted to give more stopping power without having too much travel on break lever. Simple adjustment. Charging battery now so more evaluation to follow. First impression is really good! Getting the bike delivered without seeing any damage was my biggest concern. Most important, my wife seems excited.
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0799.JPG

Can you please let us know how you made the brake adjustment?

Also when did you place your order?

We placed out order on September 2nd but still no news :(

Placed the order 7/31. For the brake adjustment I was able to turn the knurled end of the screw counter-clockwise to bring the caliper pads closer to the rotor. After doing that, you must turn the nut clockwise till it is snug against the bracket. If you need more adjustment you will have to adjust the cable using the following sequence. Loosen the nut followed by tightening the screw clock-wise toward the bracket. You then have to loosen the set screw where the brake cable is attached to, then pull the cable slightly to remove slack in the cable. When completed, you will start the process again as described above. Obviously you have to make sure the brakes are not too tight, not allowing the wheel to freely turn

Attachments

• IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0807.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 305
Received the bike yesterday and unpacked it this morning. Bike seemed to be in great condition. No scratches or dents as far as I can see. No real assembly, just unwrap it, unfold it, and make minor adjustments on seat and handlebar height. Took it for a 30 second spin but didn't change gears. Brakes needed to be adjusted to give more stopping power without having too much travel on break lever. Simple adjustment. Charging battery now so more evaluation to follow. First impression is really good! Getting the bike delivered without seeing any damage was my biggest concern. Most important, my wife seems excited.View attachment 66330View attachment 66331

Pretty bike! Congrats.
Please post you adventures. :)🚴‍♂️

Can you please let us know how you made the brake adjustment?

Also when did you place your order?

We placed out order on September 2nd but still no news :(

Not to poop on your day, but i wouldn't expect any earlier than end of October for your Step Thru.

I ordered August 8th and just got shipping email with delivery expected for October 2nd.

Congrats. Let us know how it compares to your previous ebike although very different types.

Back