Firmware Update for Vado SL

Sunshine2021

Region
Europe
Hi

I just saw in the Mission Control App that there are firmware updates available for my Vado SL 4.0 .
Does anybody know what has changed ?

Thanks !

I have that too.
Very annoying as I bought the bike 2 weeks ago to make life easier. Not to have to take it back to the shop 20 miles away to have an upgrade.
Why not an online update?

Attachments

• C7C3234B-B09F-42DA-A5A4-BD4ACCD9A630.png
    C7C3234B-B09F-42DA-A5A4-BD4ACCD9A630.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 302
I totally agree with you. I bought mine like 4 weeks ago. Luckily my shop is just 2 km away.
I hope they don‘t charge me for the update…

How is the performance now? Sometimes an 'update' is a downgrade. It is all proprietary.

When I have the upgrade I’ll see if there is any change in performance and update here.
As it’s not yet one month old I may decide to return the thing
I thought this bike was Back to the Future. This is more like Forward to the Past so far !

Given your location, I will show you my go to ride, Union Jack, and one that is ready to convert. The red one is getting a large chrome bullet headlamp, small mid-motor, stealth battery, and black housings. I like opensource firmware.

Attachments

• UnionJack07.JPG
    UnionJack07.JPG
    639.1 KB · Views: 228
  • PublicV7After01.JPG
    PublicV7After01.JPG
    580.6 KB · Views: 232
  • PublicV7GripsSaddle.JPG
    PublicV7GripsSaddle.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 236
Given the version numbers they are probably minor bug fixes. Unless you are having problems you may want to wait until there is some user feed back on the firmware updates or you have to go back to the LBS for something else.

Thanks😊 for that info.
I’ve booked in for Friday. Depending how I feel I may just get a refund and go back to my Crosstrail.
BTW. What does LBS mean. Local bike store ?
thanks for your help.

Thanks😊 for that info.
I’ve booked in for Friday. Depending how I feel I may just get a refund and go back to my Crosstrail.
BTW. What does LBS mean. Local bike store ?
thanks for your help.
Yes, local bike shop. Good luck. Just for reference I have had my bike since January and this is the first update I have noticed in the app and I will not be making a special trip to the get the update even though it is only 15 minutes away.

There is an update that will enable owners to update themselves as long as they have WiFi access. I don’t know which version has that feature, and the irony is that to get that update you have to go to the LBS.

Also, battery updates need to be done by the LBS because the batteries do not connect to the WiFi network. They require a wired connection which only the LBS can perform.

In general, updates aren’t urgent for your bike unless you are experiencing problems related to the electronics. I wish specialized published update content info though. It’s annoying it’s not available. At least they’re starting to realize that their ebikes are computers with two wheels, a motor and batteries.

There is an update that will enable owners to update themselves as long as they have WiFi access. I don’t know which version has that feature, and the irony is that to get that update you have to go to the LBS.
Last I heard SL models will still have to be updated at an LBS. Where did you hear it will now be owner-updateable?

I just had the latest update done on my Vado SL, which hopefully fixes some odd issues I've been having. The update took quite a while and required calibration, so I'm actually thankful I was at my LBS and they were able to do it right.

Last I heard SL models will still have to be updated at an LBS. Where did you hear it will now be owner-updateable?

I just had the latest update done on my Vado SL, which hopefully fixes some odd issues I've been having. The update took quite a while and required calibration, so I'm actually thankful I was at my LBS and they were able to do it right.
I read it in a description somewhere. I think for the newer step through Vado SLs.

It also requires a Mission Control update. Since those are automatic on my phone I don’t think I’d notice.

Could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time. Or the last.

I got notice of a firmware update on my Vado 3. Listed is 15.12.2020. Is this the date of the update? I bought the bike June 6, 2019, is the update free from the retailer?

Back