Firmware Update for Vado SL

I got notice of a firmware update on my Vado 3. Listed is 15.12.2020. Is this the date of the update? I bought the bike June 6, 2019, is the update free from the retailer?
I believe the update is free since the only places authorized are dealers as we canNOT do it ourselves. I don't know the current version for your bike.

My Vado SL works perfectly as far as I can tell. I wouldn't take a chance updating firmware unless the update has something to do with bike /motor longevity.

How do you know if the update has anything to do with bike/motor longevity? Would LBS know? I tried to update the TCD because it doesn't record my mileage any longer. There was no option on the TCD screen for an update choice.

Would LBS know?
No they would not know it.

How do you know if the update has anything to do with bike/motor longevity?
No, I don't think so.

I tried to update the TCD because it doesn't record my mileage any longer. There was no option on the TCD screen for an update choice.
The procedure of updating the wireless TCD should be described in the Mission Control. In short:
  • You depress the Left button on the TCD for 10 seconds
  • Clock (12/24 hours). Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Minutes. Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Hours. Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Units (Metric/Imperial). Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Pair bike? (y/n). Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Pair HR? (y/n). Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Update? (y/n). Depress R button until Y starts blinking. Depress L+R simultaneously.
Now: Start Mission Control and let the app connect to your e-bike. Go to Diagnostics. Go down to Turbo Connect Display Update. Close the information box. Let Mission Control update your TCD.

No they would not know it.

No, I don't think so.

The procedure of updating the wireless TCD should be described in the Mission Control. In short:
  • You depress the Left button on the TCD for 10 seconds
  • Clock (12/24 hours). Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Minutes. Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Hours. Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Units (Metric/Imperial). Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Pair bike? (y/n). Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Pair HR? (y/n). Depress L+R simultaneously
  • Update? (y/n). Depress R button until Y starts blinking. Depress L+R simultaneously.
Now: Start Mission Control and let the app connect to your e-bike. Go to Diagnostics. Go down to Turbo Connect Display Update. Close the information box. Let Mission Control update your TCD.
As I have reported elsewhere, attempting to PRESS either button my my TCD is a test of finger power and button sensitivity. Running through that Double-Press would most probably result in failure or accidentally registering only a SINGLE press more often than not.

Maybe I could make a warranty claim on my TCD. I did purchase mine separately - it did not come with my Creo model.

Starbeem. You do not have Vado SL. You have a Vado. The information here is not pertaining to you. Thank you.

Back