Finding a sit up and beg step through for a tall person

IanE

Hi all - my wife has just bought a Cube Hybrid Tour step through size 58 frame (the largest frame available). We are both 6 feet tall. She loves it and I too am impressed, except that when I adjust the saddle so that I can fully extend my leg with my foot on the peddle, I am not quite as upright as I would like to be.

I'm just wondering if anyone here, resident in the UK, has come across a step through bike that does allow a person who is 6 feet tall to ride fully upright with the saddle set at the correct height?

Many thanks in anticipation!
Ian

Hi all - my wife has just bought a Cube Hybrid Tour step through size 58 frame (the largest frame available). We are both 6 feet tall. She loves it and I too am impressed, except that when I adjust the saddle so that I can fully extend my leg with my foot on the peddle, I am not quite as upright as I would like to be.

I'm just wondering if anyone here, resident in the UK, has come across a step through bike that does allow a person who is 6 feet tall to ride fully upright with the saddle set at the correct height?

Many thanks in anticipation!
Ian
Ian, You might look into putting a longer elevated stem with adjustable angle such as one of these from Ergotec on a Cube, if everything else is to your liking. They are available in four lengths from 80mm - 140mm

438723_3771369.jpg

Dutch bike manufacturers are good for making both ebike and pedal bike step-through models in frame sizes for taller riders eg Gazelle step-through ebikes come in 5 sizes up to size 61 which would fit a rider 1.85m - 1.95m (up to 6' 4") source: https://www.gazellebikes.com/en-gb/service/frame-size

Last edited:
Back