Finally a simple work stand that is ez to lift ebikes

That gets it up..
but am I seeing blurry,
Am I reading all caps 'supports a 130lb turd juiced hyper scorpion?'

I've been using 2 plastic totes stacked (with some weight in them) on each side with a stick of wood across holding the bike up.
It's nowhere near ideal, but it also costs $0. Minor deformation of the bins occurs. It can be relieved by supporting with a sheet of wood atop the bins. Bike weighs about 70 lbs.
I'm going to switch to a simple wooden 2-stand design that doesn't get in the way of working on the bike and is more dependable than plastic totes.
2 saw horses doing the same thing would be better, but I'd like smaller, not in the way so much, and with hooks supporting the bike under the rear forks.
This one isn't too bad a design to start with, but I think you need one on each side and with more clearance on the chain side:

1613228477733.png

Last edited:
Must be fun to work on it with a ladder in your way on both sides.
Nope. I tried it and ladder interference no issue. Lifting a 60-70 pound ebike by yourself onto a typical stand and trying to do it 1 handed so you can clamp it definitely is no fun, and for most people impossible. This ladder is also MUCH more stable than any portable stand, this trick works great, indoors or out. You should try it.

Last edited:
Nope. I tried it and ladder interference no issue. Lifting a 60-70 pound ebike by yourself onto a typical stand and trying to do it 1 handed so you can clamp it definitely is no fun, and for most people impossible. This ladder is also MUCH more stable than any portable stand, this trick works great, indoors or out. You should try it.
With just a stick through, holding the bike up, the bike tends to wobble when you work on it, though, doesn't it?

You must be younger than I am. I greatly appreciate sitting on a rolling work stool with adjustable height to work on my bikes. I know I can't get inside the ladder using that. I guess my arms are better than back as lifting the bike isn't an issue yet, If it does become an issue, I'll add a little block and tackle to the ceiling above my work stand.

I'll stick with this one that works well for me. Doesn't require lifting at all.

Attachments

• DSCF4145.JPG
    DSCF4145.JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 544
90% of repairs involve wheel removal and this makes that ez because both are off the ground.

There’s obviously more than one way to skin a cat! Whatever works is theme here. The ladder trick is pretty simple w/o assembling or drilling anything. Or spending anything. When both wheels off the ground it’s very stable and any movement of bike not an issue.
The first person to figure out how to put a hydraulic bottle or floor pump jack inside a lowered telescoping bike work stand so it can attach to an ebike that’s still on its side stand will have the most elegant solution. Only issue would be balancing the bike as it gets unweighted off the front wheel. A very heavy base or bolted to floor would be needed.

Last edited:
I love seeing these creative backyard mechanic solutions!
I've used a rope & pulleys, a moto stand, and a bike stand. ;)

Last edited:
I moved and modified my hanging work stand. I'm building a small bike work area in a corner of my garage/shop. The addition is a removable 2X4 that fits under my work bench. It allows me to clamp the bike to steady it while working on it.

Attachments

• DSCF4406.JPG
    DSCF4406.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 439
  • DSCF4407.JPG
    DSCF4407.JPG
    385.6 KB · Views: 500
Back