Finally a rival of Juiced? Surface 604 Shred

Got rid of your CCS? What are you riding now?
I moved to a different city and due to a number of factors (low distances, higher intersection density, lower speeds, worse roads, carrying up a couple stairs) I sold it in favor of a manual bike.

Riding a Redux 2. Put 2.4" G-One Speeds, Kinekt seatpost, and backsweep handlebars on it and love it. I really think a Stromer-like set up of smaller wider tires is ideal for urban bikes, whether electric or not. I've been tracking these kinds of bikes and the industry is coming around to it, especially smaller brands converting 700c hybrids to 27.5"x47mm tires. It's very liberating to just not care what your wheel runs over because your tire has quadruple the air volume, and probably safer - lower risk, and more attention to spare.

Only wish the Redux had a line that came with Deore, through axles and possibly a lighter frame/hydroformed tubing . And tire clearance, my rear tire squeaks against the frame when I turn 😂

The Redux and a couple other bikes are distinct because they have 1x drivetrains and a long top tube, short stem like MTB, but then a rigid fork, more vertical head tube like a road bike.

Attachments

• 61mi8uG2BD2BL._AC_SL1080_.jpg
    61mi8uG2BD2BL._AC_SL1080_.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
i would prefer the GMAC version on paper but i worry about support. if the EZ will be the standard, parts experience over time may be better and easier to obtain in the long run. This from a person who believes he has only gotten lemons since getting ebikes

.??? No clue. What I was thinking 2 years down the road and start having a stuttering issue with the motor or is it the torque sensor...i call for support the support person says “ you have the GMAC version, we have not heard of that on this bike, if you had the ez version we know that you need to flip switch x”

fwiw - I think the GMAC motor is a special version of the MAC motor developed in conjunction with Grin, that's why it's called GMAC. I would think Grin would support the motor just fine. Hilleater and Grin seem to have a business relationship for a number of years now. Personally I'd prefer the GMAC but I also live in Vancouver where Grin is based. It would be a simple matter for me to just go to their office if I had an issue with the motor. Others aren't so lucky so I hear where you're coming from.

Have you ridden a Biktrix Ultra ?
Biktrix Ultra is in a whole different league and price point! i think OPs head would explode lol
that Shred has a 500w motor and a 48v 10ah battery for $2000, hell no, no way i buy that over a Juiced....... or even a Rover

I think Surface 604 is under-rating their power.

They claim it's equipped with 25A 12MOSFET controller and 48V battery.
25A x 48V = 1200W
so definitely not 500W... and it's even more than 1200W at full charge (54.6V)

Although the nominal power may be 500W, but max power is not.
With that controller the power would be ok but the battery is still far to small,48v 10ah is tiny.

I think Surface 604 is under-rating their power.

They claim it's equipped with 25A 12MOSFET controller and 48V battery.
25A x 48V = 1200W
so definitely not 500W... and it's even more than 1200W at full charge (54.6V)

Although the nominal power may be 500W, but max power is not.
Is this a real spec though? They list 750w peak only and they say 500w on the controller spec and use a confused 25Ah rating, rather than Amps.

Back