Favorite cycling smart phone apps

crystalball

Do you have a favorite smart phone app that you use when riding your ebike? I am particularly interested in two features that I have not found in existing apps yet>
  • Background integration with the iPhone health app (Background is key so you do not have to launch the app before you start your ride and shut it off when you finish your ride)
  • Bike trail maps. I suspect this may be more difficult because it requires a lot of data and updating by the developer
While these are two features that I am looking for and have not found yet, I am interested in hearing what others on this forum actually use everyday and like.

I use the UnderArmor Map my Run app. It is free. It does connect to the Apple Health app. Provides some decent analysis for free, but could make in-app purchase for more detail. I keep it free. It has the ability to differentiate between the type of workout (Road Biking, Mountain Biking, touring bike, running, treadmill, elliptical, etc...) I am not sure about showing trails as there really aren't any near me. However, once I select the type of workout I'm interested in, I can look to see routes that other users of the app have taken in my area and the basic stats of that ride. Overall, I like the app. It also sends me an email with a weekly summary of my workouts and stats...

Bike trail maps. I suspect this may be more difficult because it requires a lot of data and updating by the developer.
If you are handy with a computer and making your own maps, you can take advantage of the cycle map layer available on openstreetmaps . org using caltopo . com and the FREE pdfmaps app. :D

Strava! There is a separate activity type for e-bike rides, so you can compare yourself against other e-bike cyclists for particular hills, segments, etc. (if you're into that kind of thing).

Back