extra long suspension seat post

This is one of the longest/tallest as well, and very well rated:

I had it on one of my bikes, mine is 350mm, it's not great, but does the job.
I said it's not great because the movement is not smooth, it has this delayed rebound, it behaves like it's stuck for a moment, but that's pretty typical for something in this price range.
Thanks for the info. While I like Kinekt it's more than I want to spend since the mini is more my back up bike. I'll probably give the cheaper one a shot as it might be good enough for my needs.

This is one of the longest/tallest as well, and very well rated:

Thanks. I have a 350mm Thudbuster on my other bike and like it but the 420mm isn't available in 27.2.

How much more height do you need?
Because cushioned saddle will add height.
I have a nice cushioned saddle that I used with my Thudbuster on my Rad Rover. After getting the Mini (because it fits in my Kia Soul if I want to ride further from home) I would just switch seat posts from one bike to the other. However I needed a bit more leg extension (not that much really, maybe a couple inches). So I bought another saddle for the Rover and a 450mm seat post for the mini. The longer seat post with the cushioned saddle gave me the leg extension I wanted on the Mini but still could use a bit more shock absorption.

Thanks. You're probably right. At least with Amazon it's free shipping both ways so there would be no loss if I didn't like it. Still might try my original choice.
I watched the video on facebook it was like riding a pogo stick bouncing up and down.

I watched the video on facebook it was like riding a pogo stick bouncing up and down.
It's interesting that only one reviewer on the Amazon one I looked talked about it being being bouncy. Most of the negative reviews were about it breaking which is probably a combo of rough use and heavy riders. Still might try it and see for myself as it won't cost anything to try.

I decided against trying the spring rig and bought the seat post from my first post. I watched a couple of vids but they were all of the 350MM Zoom seat post that sells on Amazon for $30. The most comprehensive one was done a 300lb rider who mounted a camera on his rear fender. He pretty much bottomed his out on the bumps but,as I said he was 300lbs and the seat post had an upper limit of 220lbs. Instructions pretty much sucked. No guidance on how far in to screw the bottom adjuster based on rider weight. It looked like the big guy screwed his in about 1.5" but,as I said, that was the cheap Amazon unit. I screwed mine in about 3/4" until it got hard to turn. I did not notice much bounce and it did seem to work well. Ride was certainly nicer than the rigid post. I might try a little more tension for my next ride and see if it makes any difference either pro or con. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase.

I decided against trying the spring rig and bought the seat post from my first post. I watched a couple of vids but they were all of the 350MM Zoom seat post that sells on Amazon for $30. The most comprehensive one was done a 300lb rider who mounted a camera on his rear fender. He pretty much bottomed his out on the bumps but,as I said he was 300lbs and the seat post had an upper limit of 220lbs. Instructions pretty much sucked. No guidance on how far in to screw the bottom adjuster based on rider weight. It looked like the big guy screwed his in about 1.5" but,as I said, that was the cheap Amazon unit. I screwed mine in about 3/4" until it got hard to turn. I did not notice much bounce and it did seem to work well. Ride was certainly nicer than the rigid post. I might try a little more tension for my next ride and see if it makes any difference either pro or con. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase.
I actually had the problem of a sore bum while riding and tried many different solutions; spring suspension post; cloud 9 seat,with the post, still sore.
Finally this spring, I added the spring thangy and low and be hoed : ) , now I feel like I'm on a motorcycle.
I was concerned about the breaking issue but, as hard as I tried, I could not get it to break. I am not overweight however and could see being overweight, as being an issue.

As far as the bouncy issue is concerned, the device can be widely adjusted for the amount of give you want. I have mine set almost all the way rigid, which results in a non bouncy seat, that absorbs most all bumps an potholes ! I love it ! And only 20 some dollars!

I actually had the problem of a sore bum while riding and tried many different solutions; spring suspension post; cloud 9 seat,with the post, still sore.
Finally this spring, I added the spring thangy and low and be hoed : ) , now I feel like I'm on a motorcycle.
I was concerned about the breaking issue but, as hard as I tried, I could not get it to break. I am not overweight however and could see being overweight, as being an issue.

As far as the bouncy issue is concerned, the device can be widely adjusted for the amount of give you want. I have mine set almost all the way rigid, which results in a non bouncy seat, that absorbs most all bumps an potholes ! I love it ! And only 20 some dollars!
Good to know. Thanks.

This Redshift suspension seat post comes highly recommended by an 'older' rider.
I am even older than he is so i am interested. It is pricy but can be adapted to different sizes using a shim sleeve in case I change bikes.
redshift seatpost

Back