Espin Nero

Not sure they are the same. For example Rad Rover has a bafang 750 watt motor, the Nero has a Shengyi 500w I believe. They are comparable....
Rad has always used their peak power (750 watts) in their description. The motor on the Nero is rated at 500 w continuous and 1000 watts peak.

Last edited:
To clarify, I would agree that these two models should provide a very similar experience. Just was stating that they are not the same bikes out of the same factory, simply rebranded by two different companies.

I just changed my order from a grey Flow to a black Sport and Espin was very accommodating. Than you Yves!
I'm actually looking to do the opposite (I fell in love with the Sport's blue at first, but after mulling it over, the the Flow's more flexible overall for the family) - did you call or email them to do it?

I'm actually looking to do the opposite (I fell in love with the Sport's blue at first, but after mulling it over, the the Flow's more flexible overall for the family) - did you call or email them to do it?
Email to Yves at Sport. They are very responsive.

Any new shipment update emails from Espin on the Nero?

I had received an email on the 14th of October. They mentioned the bikes arriving at customs the 28th and then taking time to clear.

Just received an update email.. They arrived in port on 10/29. Explain again there will be an undetermined delay in customs :-(
'...mercy of US Customs....'

Pretty decent communication so far, considering.......

Just received an update email.. They arrived in port on 10/29. Explain again there will be an undetermined delay in customs :-(
'...mercy of US Customs....'

Pretty decent communication so far, considering.......
I received the same email, the Nero price for the Premium Bundle is now $1599. Saving $500 was worth the wait.

Reactions: BET
Latest email from 11/9

'....The ports are so backed up that the shipment is actually still on the vessel and hasn't even been brought into the port yet......'

Looking like it might be my Christmas present to myself :)

Latest email from 11/9

'....The ports are so backed up that the shipment is actually still on the vessel and hasn't even been brought into the port yet......'

Looking like it might be my Christmas present to myself :)
I wonder if the Sports and Flows are backed up as well?

I wonder if the Sports and Flows are backed up as well?
The Nero info on the shipping dates page says the last batch shipped included orders up to 10/19 whereas the Sport & Flow batches had orders up to 9/8.

I would put my money on the Nero shipped out in a different batch.

If they cannot get bike through customs at port because customs is backed up it will likely affect other shipments at same port. To me this is evidence of poor management on the part of customs. Lack of leadership at the top, deployment of resources, flexibility, etc.

If they cannot get bike through customs at port because customs is backed up it will likely affect other shipments at same port. To me this is evidence of poor management on the part of customs. Lack of leadership at the top, deployment of resources, flexibility, etc.

B...I thank you for your comment but being a former US Custom ( now named Customs and Border Protection ) Supervisor, I am sorry to say it is not a problem with Customs at all.
If you had a working knowledge of how imports arrive and are presented to Customs at the port of entry you would understand how the process works from start to finish as well as the Customs processing and examination works.
The Custom and Border Protection do not hold up any shipment unless there is an issue of some sort. Usually a shipment will be delayed if there is an error with the entry of so the shipment will be delayed until the Customs Broker can correct that paperwork issue on the Formal Entry document. The shipment will be retained in the warehouse under security and when the entry that has been corrected it will be examined and released into the commerce.
So usually it is not a Customs issue. It all starts it's process at the place of shipping.With this case likely China on a manifest of the vessel that is shipping out to the USA. Sails to the US and is unloaded at a Port of Entry then is taken to a warehouse ( private nongovernmental ) held under security ( of the warehouse ) until the entry document and item ( s ) are presented to Customs for examination , if all is ok it will be released back to the warehouse until the importer ( company ) is notified his goods are good to go and the shipment is free to go. At that point it depends on the importer as his goods have been released and cleared by Customs.
Sorry for the long post but way to many times our Customs folks are blamed for the delays and that is not so!
Fishman

B...I thank you for your comment but being a former US Custom ( now named Customs and Border Protection ) Supervisor, I am sorry to say it is not a problem with Customs at all.
If you had a working knowledge of how imports arrive and are presented to Customs at the port of entry you would understand how the process works from start to finish as well as the Customs processing and examination works.
The Custom and Border Protection do not hold up any shipment unless there is an issue of some sort. Usually a shipment will be delayed if there is an error with the entry of so the shipment will be delayed until the Customs Broker can correct that paperwork issue on the Formal Entry document. The shipment will be retained in the warehouse under security and when the entry that has been corrected it will be examined and released into the commerce.
So usually it is not a Customs issue. It all starts it's process at the place of shipping.With this case likely China on a manifest of the vessel that is shipping out to the USA. Sails to the US and is unloaded at a Port of Entry then is taken to a warehouse ( private nongovernmental ) held under security ( of the warehouse ) until the entry document and item ( s ) are presented to Customs for examination , if all is ok it will be released back to the warehouse until the importer ( company ) is notified his goods are good to go and the shipment is free to go. At that point it depends on the importer as his goods have been released and cleared by Customs.
Sorry for the long post but way to many times our Customs folks are blamed for the delays and that is not so!
Fishman
Perhaps not customs itself but the port is backed up. They said bikes are still on a boat, not unloaded. I used to work for the Federal government under many administrations, and the current administration is the worst in terms of leadership, morale, efficiency, etc. Even if it is not Customs fault itself, the administration should show some leadership in finding a way to ensure goods are not backed up and delayed coming into the US.

Perhaps not customs itself but the port is backed up. They said bikes are still on a boat, not unloaded. I used to work for the Federal government under many administrations, and the current administration is the worst in terms of leadership, morale, efficiency, etc. Even if it is not Customs fault itself, the administration should show some leadership in finding a way to ensure goods are not backed up and delayed coming into the US.
The Biden admin? Stike that, I apologize!!

I / we wish wish it was just that simple. Customs is not in charge of the Port proper that tests on the local governments and or authorities like for example New York Seaports and New Jersey as well. The management rests on the state's of NY and NJ in partnership.The ship's come into the port and are assigned a location to drop anchor until a slip opens up for them to the up and be serviced by the long shoreman. Customs goes aboard on the pier it boards out on the stream while the ship motors into port to be cleared. We have lost a few Inspectors over the years by drowning due to rough waters. Customs will also check the containers being unloaded on the pier but that is not for clearing proceedures. The containers are off loaded and sent into the container hard where they are parked awaiting to be moved for examination. That is accomplished on a priority basis but I will not get into th a as it falls under a need to know.
Ports of entry like MY Seaport, Newark Seaport and other large container ports will do close to 5 million containers a year each and even more. It comes right down to having the the manpower to get it all accomplished. We always wanted more officers to get the job done but it is a saying do more with less.
That is pretty much the size of it and the story.
Fishman

I / we wish wish it was just that simple. Customs is not in charge of the Port proper that tests on the local governments and or authorities like for example New York Seaports and New Jersey as well. The management rests on the state's of NY and NJ in partnership.The ship's come into the port and are assigned a location to drop anchor until a slip opens up for them to the up and be serviced by the long shoreman. Customs goes aboard on the pier it boards out on the stream while the ship motors into port to be cleared. We have lost a few Inspectors over the years by drowning due to rough waters. Customs will also check the containers being unloaded on the pier but that is not for clearing proceedures. The containers are off loaded and sent into the container hard where they are parked awaiting to be moved for examination. That is accomplished on a priority basis but I will not get into th a as it falls under a need to know.
Ports of entry like MY Seaport, Newark Seaport and other large container ports will do close to 5 million containers a year each and even more. It comes right down to having the the manpower to get it all accomplished. We always wanted more officers to get the job done but it is a saying do more with less.
That is pretty much the size of it and the story.
Fishman
The administration can only do what it can as far as Customs but getting the bikes in the container is like any other container it is now the formal entry documents are handled and given to Customs as we have no authority with that.
Fishman

Back