Ebike purchase- Request advise

Ebfan

Region
USA
After few months of research online ( including EBR) and visit to LBS , I shortlisted three ebikes as below:
1. Trek Allant+ 8S
2. Specialized Turbo Como 5.0
3. Gazelle Ultimate T10+ ( Shimano XT groupset)

What I’m looking for:
I live in a hilly area with steep hills all around. The road conditions are bad , lots of broken roads, potholes, unpaved roads, no bike lanes.
I love riding for daily exercise and do ride climbing steep hills, occasional dirt, pebble and unpaved back country roads.
Distance- daily 15-20 miles and weekends 50/60 miles on an average.
Absolute Must-
Ride comfort.
Powerful motor 85nm+, bigger battery for range.
Performance,durability and reliability.
Value for money.
After sales warranty and service/ part support.
Looking forward to use the bike for next 9-10 years.
And good resale value.

Please advise the best one to go for.
Thanks in advance!

They're all good. Buy from the store that has the best service - ask, for example, what the waits are like. If you plan to travel with your bike, consider the dealer network.

You might also note that both the trek and the specialized have solid front forks. That matters on bad roads.

I live in a hilly area too, with lots of steep hills. I have an 8s and it does fine on the hills, even for someone with physical limitations like myself. I find I use about 20% of the battery on a typical 15 mile ride, using the motor for hill climbs but not for cruising.

They're all good. Buy from the store that has the best service - ask, for example, what the waits are like. If you plan to travel with your bike, consider the dealer network.

You might also note that both the trek and the specialized have solid front forks. That matters on bad roads.

I live in a hilly area too, with lots of steep hills. I have an 8s and it does fine on the hills, even for someone with physical limitations like myself. I find I use about 20% of the battery on a typical 15 mile ride, using the motor for hill climbs but not for cruising.
Thanks for the response. I’m looking forward to use the motor power for hill climbs as well.

Thanks for the response. I’m looking forward to use the motor power for hill climbs as well.
Just one thing to know- Allant+ 8S doesn’t have any suspension and it has bit of a ‘ aggressive riding’ position. I’m not sure how the road conditions where you ride. I live in a hilly area where roads are pretty bad. Do you think 8S can provide the required cushion against those bad roads impacts?

Just one thing to know- Allant+ 8S doesn’t have any suspension and it has bit of a ‘ aggressive riding’ position. I’m not sure how the road conditions where you ride. I live in a hilly area where roads are pretty bad. Do you think 8S can provide the required cushion against those bad roads impacts?
Where I live, indeed, even the road in front of my house, many roads are dirt (actually a mix of gravel, sand and dirt). Even the paved ones can be pretty uneven if they haven't been repaved in a long time. Spouse and I (we both have 8s) just slow down. Not sure a front shock would make that much difference with potholes? A shock might help with corduroy. Note that the Specialized doesn't have a shock either.

What I like about the 8s is that I can handle an 18% slope with it.

I would want a front suspension for that ( and I do ). Check out the Allant+ 7s instead - it has a suspension fork. Or you could add on to the 8s, I suppose.

Resale value in 9 or 10 years? I wouldn't even be concerned about that. Just assume whatever you get won't be worth much of anything by then.

Out of the three you listed I would pick the Gazelle. Great bike and a good value in my opinion. If you live in hills similar to mine I would look at a Cube Kathmandu with the 625 battery and a non speed version to climb hills better. I went through a similar process and ended up with the Cube K 625 EXC which wasn't on my radar. After way too much time and energy and buying a Trek S+(didn't like it. Gazelle wasn't available) for the speed I thought I wanted. (yes I want the speed and will "find" it)

I would want a front suspension for that ( and I do ). Check out the Allant+ 7s instead - it has a suspension fork. Or you could add on to the 8s, I suppose.

Resale value in 9 or 10 years? I wouldn't even be concerned about that. Just assume whatever you get won't be worth much of anything by then.
The +7 and +7s are great choices. Having a bum right shoulder, the suspension makes a real difference, IMO.
I agree about not being concerned about resale value in 5+ years. Who knows what the new ebikes will be like in 5 years? Our ebike values are going to be unknown in that time.

Back