Ebike for big guy help

Tilden

Good evening all,
I’m looking for an ebike that would work well for someone 5’11, 345lbs.
It seems everyone I look at has a 250, or their about max weight limit.
Would like a 2019. Would be used for mostly blacktop trails.
Thank you.

I seem to remember a Cruiser style Ebike, that Court did a review on which might be suitable. I Don't recall the Mfg, or model of it though. Many Cruisers will Support Larger people! ??

The Pedego Platinum Interceptor and Boomerang with mag wheel option are rated at 400#. Both are available with step thru frames which I find convenient.

pedego-platinum-interceptor-2.jpg

https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/product/interceptor-platinum-edition/

PedegoBoomerang_01.jpg

https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/product/boomerang-plus/

I haven't ridden them myself, but one of the designers/engineers of Ariel Rider bikes used to be like 400 lbs, Here's a link of him talking about it (video also shows him riding the bike). The Ariel Riders are rated from 350-400 lbs for their various bike models. Electric Bike Company also has bikes are rated for 350 lbs.

I don't know what your budget or use case intentions are, but Riese and Muller have GH models of most of theirs that are specifically built for more weight. The Nevo particularly, at least from my viewpoint. We've got a few people here who have them. Big bucks, super bikes.

I’m looking for an ebike that would work well for someone 5’11, 345lbs.
It seems everyone I look at has a 250, or their about max weight limit.

Most frames made by reputed companies (Trek, Giant etc..) will be able to handle your weight. What matters are the wheels!

You could pick any bike that suits you and replace the real wheel to 36 or 40 spoke rims that are used on Tandems.
RYDE Andra is one of the best rims: https://www.cyclingabout.com/review-rigida-andra-30-rim/
Tandem bike wheels are built to carry lot more weight and they use much beefier rims for this purpose.

So, RYDE Andra + SAPIM spoke on a bike you pick would be a good way to go.

I am a tad lighter than you and I went with the Biktrix Ultra 1000 with the largest battery. It’s rated to up to 400 pounds.
I'm just starting to look/shop for my first ebike too. This looked quite nice, but they are only online. How can I test ride one? When I chatted with person on website, they suggested a Facebook group that I 'might' be able to find an owner locally who had one I could try out.

Really? Do people really pay that kind of money on a bike that they can't even test ride? I've ridden bikes on and off for years and I've really learned that you can't judge by specs...you need to really test ride to get a feel for the stiffness of the frame, and about 100 other factors.

Any other ideas on how I could test ride one, perhaps?

I'm just starting to look/shop for my first ebike too. This looked quite nice, but they are only online. How can I test ride one? When I chatted with person on website, they suggested a Facebook group that I 'might' be able to find an owner locally who had one I could try out.

Really? Do people really pay that kind of money on a bike that they can't even test ride? I've ridden bikes on and off for years and I've really learned that you can't judge by specs...you need to really test ride to get a feel for the stiffness of the frame, and about 100 other factors.

Maybe find a used one that the Seller might let you try out ?? Also, I STRONGLY suggest Not using FAKEBOOK, because you're likely to be Scammed. ?

I hear ya!
Most of the shops in my area carry the main ones, Trek, Specialized, Giant, Cannondale, etc. Would love to try a Bulls and some of the many other great machines that this forum references. While I certainly enjoy online shopping I’m not gonna purchased a bike without trying it.
Please post if you find a solution.

I hear ya!
Most of the shops in my area carry the main ones, Trek, Specialized, Giant, Cannondale, etc. Would love to try a Bulls and some of the many other great machines that this forum references. While I certainly enjoy online shopping I’m not gonna purchased a bike without trying it.
Please post if you find a solution.
Yes, there is a shop near me that has Bulls and few other big names. In fact, I did a few test rides over weekend and a Bulls is currently my top choice. I really liked the Bulls Cross Mover Speed.

Very helpful staff their too.
https://www.seattleelectricbike.net/

Maybe find a used one that the Seller might let you try out ?? Also, I STRONGLY suggest Not using FAKEBOOK, because you're likely to be Scammed. ?
True that too. I got off Facebook for a reason. The only reason I still have an account is because of my team for a stupid phone game that I play. LOL I only have 2 friends now too (not even my wife).

with Electric Bike Company, you have 30 days after delivery to decide if you like the bike. If you don't, you can ship it back for free.

OK....interesting turn of events. The Facebook group I was directed to by Biktrix tech support was a good call. I posted in there asking kind of the same question about how do I test ride one. Roshan (apparently owner or manager or the Biktrix) posted and gave me a name of somebody in my area that had the bike I was looking at. I pinged him directly and will be setting up a meet and test ride.

I haven't ridden them myself, but one of the designers/engineers of Ariel Rider bikes used to be like 400 lbs, Here's a link of him talking about it (video also shows him riding the bike). The Ariel Riders are rated from 350-400 lbs for their various bike models. Electric Bike Company also has bikes are rated for 350 lbs.

That bike can handle. I saw that bike and also low stand-over height seems a big plus for big person. and mid-drives are better for climbing especially if you weight more than average person. Hub motors may have difficulty in steep hills

Back