Ebike and RA

Camryguy2

Greetings All,

I have researching e bikes for several weeks now. My reason is I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and can no longer ride my Specialized Roubaix Elite any longer I’m very sad to say.
I’m going to look at the Specialized Turbo Como step thru today. This will be my first venture into ebilke territory. I’m very hopeful this will get me back on the rode. I miss cycling very much.
Thanx for reading.

I have COPD. Not the same thing at all, except that it has limited my mobility. To walk a few blocks, I'd have to find a place to stop and catch my breath. Being on an ebike has been great. I've used the lower power settings to give myself more of a workout so I increase my stamina. It's working, too. Then if I need to catch my breath, I can use a higher level. My aerobic conditioning is so much better since I started riding. I hoe you'll have a similar experience with your RA.

Yea I have a bummed hip from a accident a few year's back. Riding for me is getting harder and harder lately. The arthritis is taking over. They want me to get it replaced but I am still to young and can not take that much time off from work. I wish you all the best in your e-bike journey. They are so much fun.

Thanks for the replies. I pulled the trigger on the Como. Due to the weather I have yet to ride it. Tomorrow is supposed to be much better. I will post my first ride.

@Camryguy2, looking forward to hearing about your adventures with the Como. It will be a new world of exploring for you and maybe some improvement on the RA; lower impact exercise is helpful.

Thanks Ann M
The Como and ventured out yesterday for 6 miles. I know, not much considering I wouldn’t get my Roubaix out for less than 15 but things are different now.
For being a step thru the bike is stiff and responsive. It was windy here and the assistance was wonderful. My wife rode it as well and was really surprised at how well it handled.
Being in Ohio, will have our several days of Spring then into Summer. Can’t wait for that.
All in all a great purchase, the 10% AARP discount didn’t hurt either.

Back