E-bike Newbie

Well did my first ride today, having had pouring rain since I bought the bike, not sure if that’s an omen or not.
Funny. After investing in expensive battery extenders for two bikes, I'm now left high n'not-so-dry. I'm in soggy Vermont, thinking it serves me right for buying all this pricey extended ride equipment.

Here's hoping the omen "Rain on your wedding day is good luck because it signifies that your marriage will last" applies to our bikes as well.

Last edited:
@Stefan Mikes, can you elaborate on why I shouldn’t use my iPhone attached in place of the Kiox 300 display? Certainly wouldn’t want to damage the phone in any way.
Very few handlebar or stem phone mounts can hold the device for a long time without the phone sent flying or broken otherwise. It is because of the heavy weight of the phone and continuous road vibration, not even saying of an occasional bike crash.

What I’m looking to do with the Bosch smartphone grip is to use it as a replacement to the Kiox 300 display as I find the screen small. So you merely remove the Kiox 300 display, attach the Bosch smartphone attachment (they call it a grip) and insert the phone to communicate with the bike. It’s not intended to be used as my phone on the trail. Have no need for a phone while riding.

What I’m looking to do with the Bosch smartphone grip is to use it as a replacement to the Kiox 300 display as I find the screen small. So you merely remove the Kiox 300 display, attach the Bosch smartphone attachment (they call it a grip) and insert the phone to communicate with the bike. It’s not intended to be used as my phone on the trail. Have no need for a phone while riding.
I understand. Kiox might be small but similarly to GPS bike computers it is reliable. Not sure how long your iPhone would survive but at least you have been warned 😊

FYI, I lost the count of my damaged smartphones using the "latest & greatest" grips. Eventually I switched to Wahoo that is about the size of Kiox 300.

Back