Easy Motion Evo Snow!

pxpaulx

Extremely excited to be getting another Easy Motion Bike! I was thinking about buying a BBSHD for my non-electric fat bike, but I've already got myself a radrover for that kind of riding. I was scrounging around in the deals thread and happened upon @Crazy Lenny Ebikes Demo page and saw the Evo Snow for a price I couldn't resist. It is already on the truck, can't wait to get it.

The Easy Motion pedal assist works so well (based on my experience with the Evo Xtrem), this bike is going to be great for street and trail riding. The extra motor up front sounds like it will be a nice compliment from all I've read, and the larger battery over my neo xtrem is also welcome! Super excited to be getting this bike.

Thanks for the link! I think I've already read that one at least twice, but nothing passes the wait like reading everything about your new bike at least three times over! Between this review and I think 4 YouTube videos I have scoured the depths of the internet with nothing else found. Nonetheless I'm super excited to have an easy motion bike again. Can't wait to get the freight company delivery call.

Alright, @pxpaulx ! sounds phenomenal; want to hear from you and see some pics with a real feedback from a real rider once you get the bike :) Found a pretty 'Cool' review by BlueMonkeyBicycles that seems to have a reasonably balanced perspective on the performance of the dual motor EVO Snow and some sweet pics. Of course, my inner cynic says that until I hear from an actual owner; it's all just smoke and mirrors. Sure a good way to make use of all that snow & ice!

I thought the blue monkey reviews were pretty balanced, their summer ride was tempered with the idea the bike was just too big for more technical riding (not really my thing anyway) but the winter riding looked like quite a bit of fun. It took me buying the radrover ( which I still really like) to appreciate the engineering and performance of my easy motion neo xtrem. I'm absolutely positive the evo snow will provide me with an even better experience!

The Easy Motion bikes are all well crafted, so I expect this will be an interesting performer. Gotta do something with all that snow! :D

Assembled last night, as straight forward as the two bikes I've previously put together. Checking the gears and brakes once setup, everything is working great, no adjustments needed. I have put together the radrover and a bikes direct fat bike previously, and this one was by far and away the most well packed bike. I was impressed with the care taken in the packaging by bh bikes from the factory.

No throttle! I had an idea that might be the case but wasn't sure. Since I never used it on my neo xtrem, I'm sure I won't miss it.

Battery is currently charging, is ongoing chilly out here in mn but I will be taking it out for a ride nonetheless.

Paul, I think you're going to love your 29'er Snow! I purchased a 29'er last fall and it the best bike of the dozen I tested, my review here: http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/evo-29er-my-new-bike.3233/

I was offered the 29'er Snow from Len for just s few dollars more, but I don't have the snow you have and I turned my X3 into my snow commuter.

These bikes have the best component sets of most ebikes costing far more, add @Crazy Lenny Ebikes discount and you can't touch this level of bike anywhere for the money. The Blue Monkey reviews miss one of the best things about the Snow and that is for a few dollars you could have a spare standard 29'er front wheel set and lose that weight and power use when weather doesn't require it. Since I have the opposite situation, I've considered getting the added front hub wheel set for use in the snow. I'm fairly certain my bike is wired for it, I do know the display has the option to turn on/off snow-AWD mode.

Anyway have a blast and congrats on the new bike!

@pxpaulx, how do you like it so far? Is it true that you can remove the front wheel and replace it with a normal wheel for no-snow weather?

It is a nice bike - I like that easy motion bikes go a little above 20mph on their assist (23-24 in reality). Yes of course you could swap the front wheel with a standard rim/wheel as well.

It is a nice bike
@pxpaulx, thanks for replying! I am thinking of getting the 29er pro (or the Biktrix Stunner, I haven't decided) for myself. This will be my first, and hopefully my last, e-bike. I have two questions:
1) I plan to commute and I don't really want to show up at work sweaty and my concern is that this bike doesn't have a throttle. Any thoughts?
2) Can I ride it without the display?

I wouldn't be concerned about lack of throttle. It will go plenty fast with light pedaling if you kick the assist up to higher levels. You can ride without the display, but not with any power. The display can easily slide off on the easy motion bike, the same most likely won't be the case for the stunner.

How far is the commute one way? Is it very hilly?

Oh yeah, Washington dc won't be any problem! I weigh over 300# and wouldn't hesitate to ride an easy motion rwd model as well and could ride that commute both ways without charging at work.

I got a great deal on the snow, which is primarily why I picked it up (plus if owned an easy motion neo xtrem so knew they make a quality bike).

I don't think you'd have any problem doing that commute there and back on one charge at all.

I'm curious why you're interested in the evo snow in particular? The evo jet would be great for city riding, or their 650b models with the slightly smaller tires would be a little more nimble.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, now you're just making me jealous!

Easy motion bikes are very nice. Without looking I'm guessing that runs 48v and a 500wh battery? If yes, it will be a fun and capable bike!

Yep, 48v for 2016. Needed here (I'm a big 36v is enough proponent usually) with the weight and drag of those big tires. I'm surprised how quick it is. :) Would NOT want to pedal it unassisted very far!

Back