E-Lux Tahoe GT reviews and/or feedback?

Operator7

Hi guys, I recently took one of these bad boys for a test ride and fell in love. The comfort level is a wet dream. I also cannot believe how much power it has for being so heavy. And of course, the looks are superb. This is my concern however: I have read several comments in a few different places from people who have said they had issues with the engine failing (either overheated or simple died), and I'm wondering if there is a place I can go to get more feedback/reviews to determine how reliable this bike will be and if it will last or if it will die. I welcome anyone to share their personal experience, or maybe experiences they've heard from others, or perhaps any resources where I might be able to hear/read more reviews.

Thx in advance

Elux bikes seem fun and reliable. A friend has had a Elux Malibu GT for over two years and put on many miles. He is almost through his second set of tires. The front brake pads wore out and the front brake pistons were a little sticky. That was the extent of the issues. I maintain it for him and put in semi-metallic brake pads for longer life and rotated the tires. The motor and drive train are doing fine. The bike is very comfortable and has plenty of power. I have ridden it a few times and find it a joy to ride. I am 5'7" and had no issues riding the bike. That being said, it is a bit ponderous and feels more like a limousine than a race car. This is on my short list for my next ebike.

Back