E-Horn?

Guys, some assistance please. I have purchased the above which is designed to go into the main wiring of the bike. I don't want to do that, so, given the horn is rated at 6v to 36v, I have decided to run it off a simple PP9 operation, as a number of others have done.
The horn arrived yesterday. It is a simple 2 wire operation and a wired button to operate it with. Simple you would have thought.

So, yesterday i did a simple test before I installed it on the bike. When I connect the horn to the PP9 it goes off continuously and the switch appears to do nothing. If I reverse the wiring, nothing works. So, I assumed it was a short circuit on the switch. If I connect a meter to the wires on ohms, I get no reading until the switch is pressed, which is what I would expect.

So, I am at a loss of what to do. Am I missing something obvious here? Thanks in anticipation. Dave
It is a simple installation, even polarity is unimportant. Seems like you know that the switch is wired inline of one of the two wires coming off the horn (unless it comes wired, then it would most likely be the switch that is bad). I bought theses switches:
to install a 48 v horn:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZUBUDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
which works like a champ.
This is the 3rd signaling device I have tried. Some electric " horns" sound nothing like a horn, so ppl ignore it or look up in the trees for the big mouthed two wheeled sap sucker. The I tried a siren...not loud enough but fun to sneak up on ppl with.

This 48 v horn cost like $9 and you get TWO buttons for $9 so the cost is next to nothing. It's a real 105 DBs car horn so even ppl with car window up can hear it and know what it is.
I was going to get the bottle air horn but decided on this because I don't have to worry about it running low or carrying a pump to recharge it ( I used co2 for my tire repairs) or recharging or replacing another battery like on other horns.
If the horn came with the switch attached I would get another switch, if not check your connections.

I have to agree that I don't want to worry about charging my horn or my main light and it's nice to have it wired directly to the bikes battery.
I have a horn/light combo that works very well and it's loud enough to get people and cars attention when on a busy road.
The video equalized the sound but it is loud. Horn/Light
As I feel both are necessary if you ride trails and roads.. I also like my oľ school bell. Twice as loud as any other modern bell I've come across and I like that I can vary the volume from a friendly "hello" to a loud "get out of the way" by how far I pull back the strike arm. I've seen people a few hundred feet away turn around when I'm warning a group just ahead.

IMAG0370.jpg

My two cents on bells & horns 🙃

Juiced Horn/Alarm combo is exactly what I needed. Check out YouTube Reviews.

My horn:
Onvian 2 in 1 Smart Bike Tail Light

The remote attaches to bars and it clicks in/out easily. Note the horn button, 4th one down.

1bf0c7d0-a7f9-43a8-bc37-c7b21b6419a1.__CR0,0,1000,1000_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg
This is a great brake light with security feature, I have one, just for those features....the horn options are a bit weak and unfamiliar to pedestrians. The loudest horn setting (still to weak for me), sounds like a bird and I have had people actually look up into the trees when I used it . after several attempts I finally found a scooter horn, 48v that plugs into my battery and now I can give warning cirps from a good distance away, so that ppl have actually thanked me for warning them.

Hi everyone. By the way, I have two of the Juiced bikes horns, which are somewhat different from each other. The old one came with a plastic mount and has a micro-USB charging port. The new one has a metal mount and USB C charging. The reports look the same (black and metal, not white like the ones in the video).
The actual horn on the USB C one broke once and I replaced it. The second one is somewhat broken now too. Basically, motorcycle horns are not so water proof, so if you store your bike vertically to save space like I do, you can expect this to break :). Even if you store your bike the "normal" way, weather will probably get to it eventually. Then again, $50 isn't so expensive, so you can order more than one to have spare parts. (The actual horn part you can order on Amazon for like $5 to replace the original one). Obviously I like the USB C one with metal mount a lot better than the old one, but there is no difference in product number, etc. I only knew it was different once it arrived. The new USB C version also has an internal light in the button which lights up red when you arm/disarm the alarm.
I wish they at least sold a neoprene cover or something for it to protect it from the rain. I try to remember to put a plastic bag on it (which looks ghetto...)

Another bad thing: There is no sensitivity control, and no "warning" mode for the alarm. That means it will be useless and annoying if your bike is in a bike rack, etc. (It will go off every 10 seconds when someone rattles the rack by putting their bike in or taking it out...). Things like the Abus Alarm locks have an initial warning tone and only sound the full alarm if people keep messing with your bike for more than a few seconds, which works a lot better in practice.

I have ordered the Busch & Muller horn as well, so it should be interesting to see how that works. If it is more weather proof, it may be a winner. The sound seems to be more like a police car horn than a normal horn based on the one video I could find. (Also, I already have far too many things to charge, so if it can be wired into the bike then I am happy!)

Hi everyone. By the way, I have two of the Juiced bikes horns, which are somewhat different from each other.

I wish they at least sold a neoprene cover or something for it to protect it from the rain. I try to remember to put a plastic bag on it (which looks ghetto...)
Measure the diameter of the horn and order one of these vinyl caps:

https://mocap.com/plastic-caps-round-vinyl.html

Find the size you want and click on "Sample" at the right of the screen. Fill out the form and Mocap will send you a free sample.

From your description, I seriously doubt you have ever used one before. There are 3 horn settings. The first horn setting is a siren sound that is 110db, its as loud as a typical car alarm. IOW, you are a lier...
And you obviously are a child!
I have that exact same lite/horn/alarm, and the horn sounds are no where near 110 db !

You are a liar...˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙

And you obviously are a child!
I have that exact same lite/horn/alarm, and the horn sounds are no where near 110 db !

Yeah those amazon/chinabrand electronic 'horns' are a little more than childs toys. Not loud enough at all for cars to hear you on the road, thats for sure.

Yeah those amazon/chinabrand electronic 'horns' are a little more than childs toys. Not loud enough at all for cars to hear you on the road, thats for sure.
Well, at over 110db, its plenty loud enough to alert pedestrians, which is the function of a bell. I would post a vid illustrating exactly how loud it is, but the forum does not allow video files.

Measure the diameter of the horn and order one of these vinyl caps:

https://mocap.com/plastic-caps-round-vinyl.html

Find the size you want and click on "Sample" at the right of the screen. Fill out the form and Mocap will send you a free sample.

Hi, thank you, that is very useful. They don't seem to ship to Japan, but I assume I can find a similar product locally. I was thinking of using one of those drink bottle covers and cutting it in half, etc.

More to the point, most of the are a bit uhm.. well toy-like in their construction. Before buying the Juiced one, I bought some random one from Amazon. It was actually plenty loud, but ran off of replacable AA batteries, and was made of cheap plastic (ABS?). Given that it will be outside 24/7, the cheap plastic will disintegrate in a few months' time. Also, it claimed to be water proof, but only kinda-sorta. (i.e. it has plenty of cracks water can get into and freeze which will undoubtably cause.. issues. Most annoyingly, the battery compartment needs a screw driver to open and the mounting strap was suboptimal. None of this should be surprising, though. In general, you get what you pay for.

Hi everyone. By the way, I have two of the Juiced bikes horns, which are somewhat different from each other. The old one came with a plastic mount and has a micro-USB charging port. The new one has a metal mount and USB C charging. The reports look the same (black and metal, not white like the ones in the video).

I have ordered the Busch & Muller horn as well, so it should be interesting to see how that works. If it is more weather proof, it may be a winner. The sound seems to be more like a police car horn than a normal horn based on the one video I could find. (Also, I already have far too many things to charge, so if it can be wired into the bike then I am happy!)
By the way, I didn't mention this before, but if you have a really loud horn for road use, you should probably also have a normal bell for trail use. I try to ride on the road whenever I can, and in places where everyone is going 50kph, they are not going to hear a little "ding ding" sound - but at the same time, you don't really want to give some 90 year old a heart attack by blasting him from behind on a trail. I have a know oi bell and swiss trail bell for that.

$14 Amazon prime but the reviews pushed me away. I’d love an electronic version of the Airzound horn. Replaceable batteries are important to me. I’ve had to many cool little China tech devices with short lived batteries. Thanks for sharing!

I used a Stebel Air Horn on my Vespa GTS. loved it but adding a step down converter for 12v just adds complexity. I guess I’ll try another 48v horn or two. Pretty cheap from Aliexpress stores.
I’d love an electronic version of the Airzound horn
Count me in too, it would be the ultimate

Back