E-Horn?

I just ordered this one, along with an upgraded front and rear light. I'll write a review here when it arrives and I installed it.

Busch + Müller E-Bike Horn - 660CTU35PB
View attachment 37685
I'm expecting their light this week (coming from Germany)... the IQ-X E. I didn't know about their horn but it's probably a lot more expensive than the one I got. What's the power supply on it? The light I ordered will be connected and controlled on my e-bike just like the original. I'll bet this horn needs either a battery or dynamo connection.

I'm expecting their light this week (coming from Germany)... the IQ-X E. I didn't know about their horn but it's probably a lot more expensive than the one I got. What's the power supply on it? The light I ordered will be connected and controlled on my e-bike just like the original. I'll bet this horn needs either a battery or dynamo connection.

I am getting an IQ-X E too. Had the IQ-X on my previous commuter bike and it was fantastic. I just happened to see the horn on the website but have not found a lot of info on it. Not even on the BUMM.DE website. But it is specific to e-bikes and it appears to be wired into battery somehow. I'll report all that wehn I get it. It's not cheap at $42 but it was worth checking out for me and I am sure I can sell it easily should I not like it. I like the small size and integration with the light. More later...

I am getting an IQ-X E too. Had the IQ-X on my previous commuter bike and it was fantastic. I just happened to see the horn on the website but have not found a lot of info on it. Not even on the BUMM.DE website. But it is specific to e-bikes and it appears to be wired into battery somehow. I'll report all that wehn I get it. It's not cheap at $42 but it was worth checking out for me and I am sure I can sell it easily should I not like it. I like the small size and integration with the light. More later...
I'm glad you say that light is fantastic. The stock headlight on my bike is woefully inadequate. Especially for a nature trail at night (part of my commute).

What kind of bike do you have? I have a Giant Explore E+1 and I wanted something that would effectively be plug and play. And since sourcing out the the correct plug, once I install that onto the wire from the light I'm going to be in business. I'm a handy guy, but personally I really don't want to have to dig into the bikes wiring to connect something else to it. So I'd be very reluctant to get that horn even if it was the same cost as the one I ordered. And it would cost almost 4 times as much as the one I got today. (Converts to $63 Canadian, plus fairly expensive shipping.) Sure it's better, but...

You feel comfortable connecting something non-standard to your bike? You're a better (braver) man than I am. :)

I'm glad you say that light is fantastic. The stock headlight on my bike is woefully inadequate. Especially for a nature trail at night (part of my commute).

What kind of bike do you have? I have a Giant Explore E+1 and I wanted something that would effectively be plug and play. And since sourcing out the the correct plug, once I install that onto the wire from the light I'm going to be in business. I'm a handy guy, but personally I really don't want to have to dig into the bikes wiring to connect something else to it. So I'd be very reluctant to get that horn even if it was the same cost as the one I ordered. And it would cost almost 4 times as much as the one I got today. (Converts to $63 Canadian, plus fairly expensive shipping.) Sure it's better, but...

You feel comfortable connecting something non-standard to your bike? You're a better (braver) man than I am. :)

Did some reading on German pages for installation tips (I'm a recovering German) and apparently it can be wired into the DC as it can handle 5-50 Volts. Or hook it up to the headlight wires, in which case it'll only work when the light is on. I'll play around with it. But I wouldn't consider it non-standard. B&M makes well designed products and these horns were OEM only when first released in 2017. Plus I am a long time bike mechanic and feel like I know what I'm doing (famous last words).

I ride a 2016 Haibike XDuro Trekking RX. The stock light is OK but the IQ-X has a very nice pattern and is not too bright. I also have a handlebar-mounted flashing light and in winter I have a 1000 lumen helmet light, which I use to target problem drivers or dark spots. I prefer not to go too bright because it kills night vision. Then you see everything in your cone but are blind to anything coming in from the periphery. I am also changing the stock tail light to a B&M because the original one (Trelock, I think) has a very crappy connector and the cable breaks off regularly.

Looks like it mounts on their light, and only their light? Do you have the manual? Please?

Received my horn from juiced bicycles, it is loud! Like hurt your ears loud!. The alarm function works flawlessly it also comes with two remotes, mounting it was easy and clean, the horn is made out of metal. Cars will actually hear this horn! I have the bell on my mini for pedestrians.

Received my horn from juiced bicycles, it is loud! Like hurt your ears loud!. The alarm function works flawlessly it also comes with two remotes, mounting it was easy and clean, the horn is made out of metal. Cars will actually hear this horn! I have the bell on my mini for pedestrians.
Forgot to say it includes an extra long USB cord for charging

This is a good one and if anyone is interested, they can order it from Germany here: https://www.bike24.com/p2246833.html

This looks sweet - especially considering I have the B&M IQ-X E already. The one question I have is the shaded handlebar mount they have in the picture is supporting both the headlight and the horn - is it included? The mount that comes with the IQ-X E is a traditional fork mount. I'd probably relocate my light to the handlebars along with the horn as pictured. But then again I might just mount the horn along with the light to the fork to keep my bars uncluttered. It's nice to have options...

UPDATE: Answering my own question. Bracket pictured is not included but is available:

Last edited:
The horn and lights arrived this week. Unfortunately they required an adult signature so I had to wait until Friday when I had time to swing by the post office.
The horn came with no instructions whatsoever. As you can see in the picture, not even a box. Really seems to be made for OEM/factory install not for private parties.
The remote button has a rather short cable, which limits the placement of the horn. I tried putting it with the headlight but it didn’t look good and was barely doable for the button. The lead to tap into the main power is long enough to pull into the frame and make a splice near the battery. But I decided against doing that. Instead I bought a small switchable 9v battery holder that fits into my little frame bag and hooked that up instead. This way I could do a fairly clean install with the horn mounted to the handlebar extension and the button next to the Intuvia remote. I don’t plan to use the horn often, so the 9v battery should be sufficient. Down the road I may replace this with a USB rechargeable power bank but I wanted a quick and cheap solution to try it out.
The horn is LOUD. The sound is more like a truck’s backup beep but definitely will be noticed, even inside a car. I’ll report when I first need to use it in real life.

Attachments

• 33DFD9F2-21FB-4C2A-B2F6-B6AEF76B2555.jpeg
    33DFD9F2-21FB-4C2A-B2F6-B6AEF76B2555.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 67BCAB64-5B59-4421-8C49-568BB929C8E3.jpeg
    67BCAB64-5B59-4421-8C49-568BB929C8E3.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 970
  • 5153D23A-C59D-420A-A8F8-864DF7080D41.jpeg
    5153D23A-C59D-420A-A8F8-864DF7080D41.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 05061322-CC58-4AFC-8D43-103421D90331.jpeg
    05061322-CC58-4AFC-8D43-103421D90331.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,152
DIY is typically just that. We have to do the research. Deciding to DIY means we have to gain the skill and knowtthat a supportive shop provides. I get a frustrated customer every month or do. Complying there are no instructions or that my instructions could be better. When usually all that’s needed is a Google or a couple of posts.

Did you manage to install it? I just got the B&M horn and thinking about the best way to connect it to the system.
I did. See two posts above. I chose not to wire it into the bike's battery for better placement options and less work. It is hooked up to a 9v battery and I am still on the same battery, even with regular use to wake up the iZombies on my commute.

I did. See two posts above. I chose not to wire it into the bike's battery for better placement options and less work. It is hooked up to a 9v battery and I am still on the same battery, even with regular use to wake up the iZombies on my commute.

Ah, I see, thank you.

Guys, some assistance please. I have purchased the above which is designed to go into the main wiring of the bike. I don't want to do that, so, given the horn is rated at 6v to 36v, I have decided to run it off a simple PP9 operation, as a number of others have done.
The horn arrived yesterday. It is a simple 2 wire operation and a wired button to operate it with. Simple you would have thought.

So, yesterday i did a simple test before I installed it on the bike. When I connect the horn to the PP9 it goes off continuously and the switch appears to do nothing. If I reverse the wiring, nothing works. So, I assumed it was a short circuit on the switch. If I connect a meter to the wires on ohms, I get no reading until the switch is pressed, which is what I would expect.

So, I am at a loss of what to do. Am I missing something obvious here? Thanks in anticipation. Dave

Guys, some assistance please. I have purchased the above which is designed to go into the main wiring of the bike. I don't want to do that, so, given the horn is rated at 6v to 36v, I have decided to run it off a simple PP9 operation, as a number of others have done.
The horn arrived yesterday. It is a simple 2 wire operation and a wired button to operate it with. Simple you would have thought.

So, yesterday i did a simple test before I installed it on the bike. When I connect the horn to the PP9 it goes off continuously and the switch appears to do nothing. If I reverse the wiring, nothing works. So, I assumed it was a short circuit on the switch. If I connect a meter to the wires on ohms, I get no reading until the switch is pressed, which is what I would expect.

So, I am at a loss of what to do. Am I missing something obvious here? Thanks in anticipation. Dave
I can't help with your problem, but what's a "PP9"?

But it does sound like a mystery... especially since it seems to be correct when you check with an ohm meter.

Back