E-Horn?

I put in one of those $5 12v horns, from aliexpress, in. It’s plenty loud. I installed it behind my front headlight.

IMG_3484.png

I bought 2 of them too, a long time ago, could never get them to work, anyway I tried. What did you tie them int? What voltage/test did/could you apply to validate they work prior to installation?
I tied it in to bypass the dinky built in horn of the front light and wired them to the lights controls..

IMG_3791.jpeg

I power the whole kit with a 48v-12v converter at the display power. 48v leaves the controller and goes to a key switch, that turns on my lights. Also, by turning the key on, my 48v continue to the display. Now, I can turn on the entire bike. Otherwise, without the key, the bike will not power on.

I first tested the horn with a 12v SLA I had laying around. It’s the small 3.5ah one and was perfect for this. I wired the positive to the bent pin of the horn. Then I tapped the negative to the straight pin and the horn activated. After some image searching, I found that the bent pin is the positive. There are now other markings on the horn.

I installed this last year it's effective to warn pedestrians but not if they are wearing ear devices listening to whatever music or conversations they're carrying on.
It makes ring ring sounds or beep beep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231203_205355_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_205355_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 44
I installed this last year it's effective to warn pedestrians but not if they are wearing ear devices listening to whatever music or conversations they're carrying on.
It makes ring ring sounds or beep beep.
I love the Police Whistle on that one. It gets attention.

Having a horn that grabs attention and ensures your safety without being overly disruptive is essential. The distinctive sound of your old bulb horn certainly has its charm and can be a friendly way to signal your presence on the road.On the other hand, Stebel air horns are known for their attention-grabbing qualities, and they can make a significant difference in ensuring that other road users are aware of your presence. However, it might not be everyone's cup of tea on a bicycle, given its resemblance to a truck's horn.Ultimately, the choice of horn comes down to personal preference and the specific cycling environment you encounter. If you are still struggling to choose, you can check out

Instead of air horns and train horns, how about a standard motorcycle/moped horn? They are fit for purpose on the road while those others are not. Motorcycle/moped horns are plenty loud without being obnoxious.

(also, this has to be a spam account that I'm replying to)

Back