E-Bike Wish List

Bigal1463

Class 3, brake lights, turn signals, throttle on command, variable speed on pedalecs with hub drive, rack big enough with sides to carry a second battery, puncture resistant tires, alarm system. All in one package deal instead of aftermarket. These are most of what I would like to have, even though it would raise the price considerably, personally, I wouldn’t care.

Last edited:
I suggest that turn signals don’t have enough visibility when mounted to the bike, check out Zackees LED gloves or a Lumos helmet.

Maybe give up the throttle..but add a Gates belt drive to go with your Enviolo sealed hub drive, choose the Bosch dual battery option to fuel your Bosch Speed Line motor, add full suspension (!) to the wishlist, use the included Abus folding lock with alarm, and select the smartphone integration option. That’s a Riese and Müller Homage.

R&M Load 60 and the Frey EX,both with dual battery option and thats all I need with EBikes!
1593493068033.png
1593493068688.png

1593493153616.png

Class 3, brake lights, turn signals, throttle on command, variable speed on pedalecs with hub drive, rack big enough with sides to carry a second battery, puncture resistant tires, alarm system. All in one package deal instead of aftermarket. These are most of what I would like to have, even though it would raise the price considerably, personally, I wouldn’t care.
Specialized Vado 6.0 EU:
  • Class 3 - yes
  • brake lights - yes
  • horn
  • turn signals - no, but a 1600 lm automatic headlight (daytime, low beam, high beam lights)
  • throttle on command - never. It is a bike, not a scooter
  • variable speed on pedalecs with hub drive - who needs a hub drive?
  • rack big enough with sides to carry a second battery: I regularly carry a second battery in an Ortlieb pannier with Ortlieb inserts on the Vado rack
  • puncture resistant tires: Electrak 2.0 Armadillo
  • alarm system: none. I use Abus A440 alarm U-lock instead.
The dream has come true, except of the T-thing, turn signals and the alarm.

Have you considered WattWagons?

Every time I see someone who does not care about price, but wants a custom order bike like this, I tend to suggest WattWagons.

I also recommend Watt Wagons. but rather than the older titanium, I would recommend the upcoming model. Yes, it's aluminum frame, but there are other benefits that make it stand out over the titanium model, like integrated battery with option for an additional 52V 21Ah external battery and Kindernay IGH option, better frame design (although this is really personal preference),

Of course, if you want a bike now, than Titanium UC Pro is a very good alternative.

Not that I have problem with WattWagon's upcoming concept model, nobody knows its quality.

Nobody has seen it in person, I have never seen the real pictures or videos, only computer generated graphics and speculations.
I kind of feel it's pointless to recommend such bike, especially when it's impossible for people to buy it.

Whereas the titanium model, I know people have been happy, it is readily available and pushkar has been good to his customers.
I know that pushkar has built a lot of custom order bikes.. a full suspension titanium bike, and he has built a several (at least 3 units) of GMAC WattWagons, and all kinds of unique orders.
I feel that there is a distinct difference between models like Sondors new series of Bafang Ultra models or even Zen ebikes from Watt Wagons.

With Watt Wagons,
  1. We know that Watt Wagons has real models that have been sold to numerous satisfied customers
  2. We know all the components that are going to be used for the upcoming UCP Pro including the Bafang Ultra with the new Archon X1 controller
  3. We know that WW has extensive experience building ebikes with Bafang Ultra
With Sondors,
  1. We only know that they will use Bafang Ultra, no other component specific information is available
  2. This is their first foray into mid-drives, so we have much less confidence on the quality of the upcoming models.
With Zen,
  1. SImilar to WW, we know all the components that will be used, but the key differentiator is they have not ever produced or sold a real ebike
I don't think there's doubt from anyone whether the New UC Pro will materialize. There is weight in knowing that a company has a solid reputation building quality products and providing exceptional support to the customers. Similarly, I don't think people wonder whether the quality of the next Apple iPhone or Samsung Galaxy can be trusted.

Your statement of "when it's impossible for people to buy it" is a false statement. You can buy it. It just won't be released until this fall. This is true for majority of ebikes these days as they are mostly out of stock due to the supply chain issues that stemmed from the pandemic. For many vendors, there is at least a month or two of wait.

Is it really "pointless to recommend"? Industry experts and reviewers do it all the time (and no, I don't consider myself in any way an expert :rolleyes:). If there is an upcoming new model that will have better design and/or features, they often recommend not to buy the current model, but to wait few more months for the upcoming model.

You still may stand by your statements and that's fine. :) I wanted to offer a counter perspective to be fair.😉

Okay maybe not pointless to recommend if someone is NOT looking for an ebike right now, I'd recommend them to wait until it is released.

But when someone is looking for an ebike right now because summer is coming, or maybe they need to exercise, I wouldn't wait them to wait til October to see what happens. They would likely try to look somewhere else and go for DOST or something.

I would recommend the titanium model, especially when it is the bike something people can actually purchase and can research on YouTube and see the reviews of happy customers on EBR.

I have no doubt that Pushkar will build a good bike, but it says the expected delivery date for that new concept bike is October, which is the end of riding season. It might get postponed due to this pandemic.

Again, I have no problem with his business ethics and passion for helping out customers by going above and beyond.

But by looking at this concept graphics, can you tell the exact spec?
Does it have Manitou or RockShox? What kind of component? Shimano XTR? or is it IGH/belt drive combo?
Again, I'm not suggesting it will come with crap components, but the thing is, you don't know what it looks like in real person.
There's nothing wrong with future renderings.

But when someone is asking, "which ebike should I get?" it's a bit pointless to say "here, WattWagons is releasing this bike in October" with some computer generated drawings..

why not just recommend the titanium one?
I'm not recommending against the Titanium UC Pro. I'm sure it's a great bike and there are many happy customers that have been enjoying it for a while now. If timing is an issue and he needs the bike right now, it doesn't make sense to wait.

In regard to the new UCP Pro, yes the specs have been available for months.

ComponentBase ConfigNicely Equipped Options
FrameWatt Wagons Aluminum, Rated for 300lb riderWatt Wagons Aluminum, Rated for 300lb rider
MotorBafang Ultra, 750WBafang Ultra, Up to 3000W
Battery52V, 17AhDual Battery up to 52V, 38Ah
Charger5A with 90 / 100% switchUp to 8A, Grin Satiator, Programmable
Rims27.5", Velocity Blunt 35, 32H front, 36H rear27.5", Velocity Blunt 35, 32H front, 36H rear
Tires27.5x2.4" Schwalbe Super Moto-X with Greenguard and Black reflex27.5x2.4" Schwalbe Super Moto-X with Greenguard and Black reflex
Rear HubSturmey Archer 3 Speed IGH14 speed - Rohloff Speedhub (Twist shifter) or Kindernay (Thumb shifter)
Drive TrainGates Belt Drive, 60T Chainring, 19T Rear EXP ratedGates Belt Drive, 60T Chainring, 19T Rear EXP rated
BrakesTektro HD 745, 180mm front and rearMagura MT 5e, or Hayes Dominion A4. 203mm MDR-P front rotor, 180mm rear (Rohloff), 203mm rear (Kindernay)
ForkSuntour AuronSuntour Auron, Fox Factory 36 e-optimized
PedalsWellgo B087BCrankbrothers Stamp 2
HandlebarAlloy Riser BarSurly Moloko Loop Bar
Front LightPromax 500 lumensSupernova M99 Pro 1600 lumens
Rear LightBrake Actuated Reflector LightSupernova M 99 Tail Light
LockN/AAbus Bordo Lite 6050
StemSatori AdjustableSatori Adjustable
FendersAlloy IntegratedSKS Bluemels 75
SaddleBrooks B-17 ImerialBrooks B-17 Imerial
CranksWatt WagonsWatt Wagons
BellPromaxSpurcycle or Supernova Horn
GripsErgon GP1Ergon GP1
RackFender Integrated Alloy rackAxiom Journey MK3
KickstandPletscher Comp 40Pletscher Comp 40

Light Value Ebike
~$1000
~30lbs
250-500w rear hub motor (doesn't need to be too powerful)
Integrated battery with option for 2nd battery ideally as a tube battery in the water bottle holder (thus the need to be light)
Full size hybrid style with adjustable stem to it can be upright or more forward leaning
Suspension seat/seatpost
Rigid fork (to save on weight)
700c tires / 42mm or less
Option for fenders/rack
Front light optional but integrated rear light tied to braking system
Can hold up to 300lbs (I would say 275lbs but more is better)
Throttle for @Taylor57 :)

Back