Drop Seatpost Cable issue and Raising my bars?

Marc Webster

Hello All I have a 2017 Xduro All Mountain 7 (the yellow one) and finally had a chance to get a good ride in with some singletrack. I bought this second hand but the bike was essentially new with about 10 rides on it. LBS said less than 200 miles when they looked in the software when making the upgrade to give me the MTB mode. Anyhow my first impression is I really enjoyed the ride and climbing a steep 3 mile long grade at 10mph. When the ride turned to the downhill portion (easy fire road and singletrack) I felt like my bars were WAY to low. Like uncomfortably so. I had to strain my neck just to look forward. I think I need 2" to 3" of rise and possibly more. The frame is an XL and I am 6'4" tall. I have looked into rise stems but they move my bars quite a bit forward to do so and I am curious how that will affect handling with the bars more forward moving the pivot closer to the front axle. On my specialilzed FSR I added a riser bar which helped, but this bike already has one and I wont find one with that amount of rise. Also with the fork tube cut from memory I dont think I have any spacers on top of my stem to move to the bottom. So my question has anyone swapped their stem out on a Haibike? Next issue, mid ride my drop seatpost ran into an issue. I thin what happened is the bent tube at the lever has pulled out and is now loose and this has affected the tension on the cable system giving slack so the lever does nothing. I plan to look into this tonight to diagnose it more and possibly repair but curious if others have had this issues. Last bonus question: Im holding onto my 2008 FSR 29er at the moment, but have to say climbing an hours worth of hill in 20 minutes is addicting and part of me does not see myself using my FSR anymore. This bike just gives me the ability to still get a workout but see more and ride longer. I am only holding onto the FSR for times when I ride with non powered friends and I really like the bike. However, I can get new powered friends and sell it while it still has some value. Also buying a new bike and selling the old one is more wife friendly since I now have 4 bikes. So for the people out there who have gone Ebike do you still keep a non powered mtn bike or have you made the switch for good? Also Mtn Biking is #3 on my hobbies priority so I dont get out that often. Marc

Back