Does anyone have CYC experience?

EBRQuest

I found these motors here as well, I think it was through the ERT site..

Torque is very high (up to 190Nm). I've not heard too many discussions or comparisons about this with the G510. Seems like there should be. Same peak watts as Cyclone too..

Well ain't this interesting! It's a small world. CYC manufactures the Cyclone, which is a much cheaper version of the X1. I learn a lot just by following information trails..

300Nm at the crank and over 5kW continuous? Why is no one talking about this?

Efficiency: Our motor is now proven to be one of the most efficient BLDC motor in the e-bike market, with over 90% of efficiency through the controller and motor. It is possible because the motor has 0.2mm lamination, which reduce eddy current lost.

The SPM rotor allows minimum magnetic flux loss, and further increase the efficiency.

We also manufacture the very popular Cyclone motor (Low cost version): https://www.gngebike.com/gng-2019-3000w, which is a less efficient motor and much less costly to build. Although it is also very durable, X1 PRO can handle twice the power at almost half the size. This is the reason for paying the premium price.

Maximum Torque: The Maximum Torque depends on the current that you are running through the phase wires. We have measured 50N.m. with the stock 52V controller at the output shaft of the gearbox, which means that it has over 300N.m. at the crank. There is no other motor system achieving such torque at crank.

300Nm at the crank and over 5kW continuous? Why is no one talking about this?
They probably are talking about this and other motorbikes on other forums. Most of the bikes discussed here are of the ebike rated bikes. It's interesting to talk about the tech, but a 7 horsepower bike isn't an ebike.

Oh, great. My bad. Thank you!

Can you suggest a biking forum where these types of motors are discussed?
As I'm a motorcycle rider as well as ebikes, I've looked at this forum a few times. I'm not a member of it.

There's a lot of high power riders on endless sphere. And there's a UK electric MC forum, don't remember the name off the top of my head. Some of the technology is impressive. I'd be more interested in something like the HD LiveWire. The battery doesn't have the range yet and a bit pricey.

As I'm a motorcycle rider as well as ebikes, I've looked at this forum a few times. I'm not a member of it.

There's a lot of high power riders on endless sphere. And there's a UK electric MC forum, don't remember the name off the top of my head. Some of the technology is impressive. I'd be more interested in something like the HD LiveWire. The battery doesn't have the range yet and a bit pricey.

Damn.. huge jump from a 5kW DIY motor to an electric Harley! I'd classify those as very different things, no? Seems like these motors fall in between EBR and EMR..

Damn.. huge jump from a 5kW DIY motor to an electric Harley! I'd classify those as very different things, no? Seems like these motors fall in between EBR and EMR..
Yes it is different. I think an off road motorbike would be a blast, if there were a variety of places to ride. I wouldn't want to put a 5kw motor on a bicycle frame. It would need a serious battery pack to ride any distance and the whole package is just too much power and weight for any bicycle frame. I have seen some purpose built motorbike frames available that can handle it. Not an inexpensive project.

We're going to see some amazing machines available in the coming years.

Back