Does anybody know where I can replacement cases and parts for the Intuvia Display and trigger?

IggyBBR

Region
USA
Went for a quick trail ride yesterday, while rolling over a log I lost control (on some wet leaves and mud) and went over the bars. After picking myself off the ground I noticed that the tabs which holds the display snapped off. I manage to continue by reattaching the display with a few zipties to hold the display in place. When I arrive home, I noticed that the trigger was a bit loose. Upon closer inspection turns out it broke around the screw hole to the clamp. I wonder if I can find a replacement clamp and bottom display case without the purchasing a new set, since these two parts are still fully functional.

On another note, why can't the system run without the computer being attached? We should have an option to ride with needing the display attached and still be powered. Or possibly have the display mounted in place less likely to get damaged in an accident and rendering the system inoperable.

Attachments

• IMG_2993.jpg
    IMG_2993.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,125
  • IMG_2991.jpg
    IMG_2991.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 846
Thanks @michal, but the handlebar mount for the display is ok, its the underside of the display itself. Not sure if Propel does sell just the display case.

Thanks for asking, Im okay for the most part just a few scrapes...

Glad you're alright!

And my bad — I misread your post. I’d try asking your local dealer (if you have one), Propel, or Bosch / Bulls directly. My limited research didn't turn up any individual Intuvia parts available for sale, but I'd be surprised if your only option was to purchase a new display. Let us know what you find out!

No problem, I did a ton research before posting and I know Propel's site was easier to browse before they updated it. They have top cover, but not the bottom, thanks agiain for your input. Currently was contacted by member on the forum of a spare unit, fingers cross on the installation once I get it. I'll keep everyone posted.

Went for a quick trail ride yesterday, while rolling over a log I lost control (on some wet leaves and mud) and went over the bars. After picking myself off the ground I noticed that the tabs which holds the display snapped off. I manage to continue by reattaching the display with a few zipties to hold the display in place. When I arrive home, I noticed that the trigger was a bit loose. Upon closer inspection turns out it broke around the screw hole to the clamp. I wonder if I can find a replacement clamp and bottom display case without the purchasing a new set, since these two parts are still fully functional.
On another note, why can't the system run without the computer being attached? We should have an option to ride with needing the display attached and still be powered. Or possibly have the display mounted in place less likely to get damaged in an accident and rendering the system inoperable.

A couple years ago the exact same thing happened to my Intuvia display. I tried to hold the broken display down to the mount with several different tie-downs, but nothing withstood trail riding for long. If the display's casing was metal, I might have been able to forge precise enough replacement tabs on the otherwise perfectly functional unit, but plastic's another story. Frustrating!

I got lucky in that someone who had upgraded to Purion posted a whole Intuvia kit - display/mount/control unit - for $100 here on the EBR classifieds. There are always plenty of vendors selling these replacement parts on eBay; right now I see a used one for under $75 shipped from Lithuania.

If you want new, there's also bike-discount.de - it costs $30 to ship from Germany but the Intuvia display with shipping is still less than regular retail here. If you look deeper into that website, their prices for tires, chains and other regular maintenance parts are 30-50% less too, no sale or coupon required. I always stock up when I buy from them, and would guess that I've saved at least a couple grand over the past few years!

Last edited:
Success! On the operation, I havent had a chance to ride it yet, but everything seems normal. Special thanks to Alaskan, helping me out with a spare unit and installation tips. The one thing I was concerned about was my ODO info, since I keep a basic ride log with data the Intuvia provided. Once I attached the new computer, it automatically updated the new one with the ODO info and Wheel-size on its own. The only other thing I need to do, is go down to my local Bosch dealer and get a software update.

Attachments

• IMG_3025.JPG
    IMG_3025.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 691
that looks fixable with some expoxy or gorilla glue.
Been there, tried that... it's a very tight fit, so you'd need a custom-made injection mold, and even then it would take some serious skill to get it just right.

Otherwise the only way to use Gorilla or other epoxy type glue would be to gob it between the mount and display and let them bond together, which would make for a non-removable display.

Been there, tried that... it's a very tight fit, so you'd need a custom-made injection mold, and even then it would take some serious skill to get it just right.

Otherwise the only way to use Gorilla or other epoxy type glue would be to gob it between the mount and display and let them bond together, which would make for a non-removable display.

It seems like 2-3 mm plywood and a sandpaper should do the trick, (I used to build RC planes , used to do these kinds of fixes a lot).

But if you don't care about how it looks I think a couple of rubber bands should be enough to secure it, upper lip seems to be intact so it should be fine.

It seems like 2-3 mm plywood and a sandpaper should do the trick, (I used to build RC planes , used to do these kinds of fixes a lot).

But if you don't care about how it looks I think a couple of rubber bands should be enough to secure it, upper lip seems to be intact so it should be fine.
Tried rubber bands, oversized twist-ties and more. Problem is that when you're on technical trails, all the bumping and jostling disconnects the display just enough that the bike shuts off.

If I had model building skills and experience, MAYBE I could've finagled a fix, but I'm telling you, there's minimal margins to work with. You'd have to be machine-like with precision...

Back