Bosch Intuvia Ebike Display Settings

Yes this can help but the last one is in Germany and has a 19$ shiiping fee. Someone once show a link from Amazon.
Thanks Drew.

I didn't find the Bosch-branded part on Amazon, but this is functionally equivalent: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Has anyone looked inside their Intuvia to determine if there is a CR2016 inside? I suspect it's an older version that has that.
CR2016's & CR2032's are NOT rechargeable!
I have my Intuvia off the bike most of the time and have not had a need to charge it in over 10 months , but it does get a chance to attach to the bike a minimum of once per week.
The same unit did not work out of the box when i got it (from memory i had it on the bike when charging the whole bike to fix it) but this unit has since been flawless. I do leave it on the bike when charging dualbattery.

Has anyone looked inside their Intuvia to determine if there is a CR2016 inside? I suspect it's an older version that has that.
CR2016's & CR2032's are NOT rechargeable!
I have my Intuvia off the bike most of the time and have not had a need to charge it in over 10 months , but it does get a chance to attach to the bike a minimum of once per week.
The same unit did not work out of the box when i got it (from memory i had it on the bike when charging the whole bike to fix it) but this unit has since been flawless. I do leave it on the bike when charging dualbattery.
The battery inside the Intuvia is a small 240mAh LiPo rechargeable battery. It’s At the moment it is not a replaceable Bosch part. But I understand they are working on this.

In theory someone could solder in a new battery but you could open yourself up to liability if something was to go wrong. Bosch would not be liable if something went wrong. Which I understand historically may not have happened in thier history. Perhaps due to their extensive testing and focus on safety.

I hope to follow up on this internal battery as it is one of the few degradable parts on the Bosch system.

Below is a photo of the battery in the Intuvia

8BEE778C-472C-486C-917C-97889BF87243.jpeg

The battery inside the Intuvia is a small 240mAh LiPo rechargeable battery. It’s At the moment it is not a replaceable Bosch part. But I understand they are working on this.

In theory someone could solder in a new battery but you could open yourself up to liability if something was to go wrong. Bosch would not be liable if something went wrong. Which I understand historically may not have happened in thier history. Perhaps due to their extensive testing and focus on safety.

I hope to follow up on this internal battery as it is one of the few degradable parts on the Bosch system.

View attachment 30191
Great info.
I fail to understand why companies who produce electronics devices can't charge an extra few $ and put one of these in instead:
http://www.maxwell.com/products/ultracapacitors/cells

So when then rechargeable battery finally fails to hold a charge it will be time to buy a whole new Intuvia. I believe it is called planned obsolence. The Purion with those CR2016 batteries is looking good to me right now.

So when then rechargeable battery finally fails to hold a charge it will be time to buy a whole new Intuvia. I believe it is called planned obsolence. The Purion with those CR2016 batteries is looking good to me right now.
How many Intuvia batteries have you heard about failing completely?

Mine died over its 3rd winter, last year. Bike had a little over 10,000km at the time. My theory is that the main battery went into deep sleep over the winter, and the Intuvia battery ran empty. The main symptom was that I could only turn the bike on via the button on the main battery. Once on, it worked fine. Remove the Intuvia from the bike and it was dead. Occasionally, the bike would stop and throw an error about the main battery.

I found the wordpress site above. I first found a 240mAh battery intended for an RC helicopter. It looked the same, but the bike kept throwing errors.
The proper battery is a 502030 rated 240mAh. I ordered 4 of them for $10 on ebay.
The hardest part of the job was removing the back of the case - the middle screw holes were filled with plastic. But you need to solder two leads.

View attachment 30191

Do you think this would be OK since it is 250MAH and 3.7 volt ?

Attachments

• Battey Intuvia.jpg
    Battey Intuvia.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 980
Do you think this would be OK since it is 250MAH and 3.7 volt ?
It seems that @Slob above might be a better person to ask. I don’t have personal experience replacing this and I can’t make a specific recommendation as much as I would like to. One thing I do know is that the Bosch sensors and tolerances are very specific. I plan to ask some of the engineers at Bosch more about this topic when I get a chance though and I’ll be sure to update here.

I'm going to say "yes". That one matches the specs. I've attached a pic of the one I installed. Looks the same but the label is slightly different.

My first attempt wasn't a 502030. It had the right voltage and amperage. I believe there's a small controller in the battery, and this is what was different. The wrong battery worked, but would randomly throw errors after about 10-15km. I'd have to stop and powercycle the bike to get going again.

The 502030 worked just like new.

Attachments

• Intuvia Battery.jpg
    Intuvia Battery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,074
I bought the original USB to USC cable from a Bosch dealer for 15$. Just ordered a dongle to USC female to USB male.
I can charge my helmet light right now with that cable when plugged to the Intuvia. Will check with my Iphone when I received the dongle.

https://shop.scooteretti.com/collections/bosch-ebike-system-parts/products/bosch-ebike-usb-cable
=============
I finally manage to get the thing charging my Iphone 5SE from the Intuvia.
I even used a LED light connected to the USB end of the cable and it work perfectly.

So, I include an image of the parts I bought from Amazon.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Cheers

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2019-03-05 à 18.31.36.jpg
    Capture d’écran, le 2019-03-05 à 18.31.36.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 800
Court:

In your initial post you mention a set screw that can be used to more permanently fix the mount to the display. I'd like to more securely attach mine in that way. Do you know what size screw will work for this job?

Thanks!

I don't know the exact size, but you can get the Bosch/Nyon lock screw on ebay. Just search for Bosch Intuvia Lock Screw. You have to remove the Intuvia mount from the handle bar to install the lock screw. Then once you reinstall the mount, you cannot remove the Intuvia from the mount.

Back