Bosch Intuvia Ebike Display Settings

I plugged my Intuvia in four differents charger, even in the back of my Imac. It only lit the display once in a while. Nothing is showing at the bottom of the display. On page 6 of the manual it is written that a line will appear at the bottom indicating it is charging. USB connected should appear but it is not so. The battery inside is li-ion poly.
Not sure if it is charging at all. Kindda weird.
Any idea or tricks please ?

I plugged my Intuvia in four differents charger, even in the back of my Imac. It only lit the display once in a while. Nothing is showing at the bottom of the display. On page 6 of the manual it is written that a line will appear at the bottom indicating it is charging. USB connected should appear but it is not so. The battery inside is li-ion poly.
Not sure if it is charging at all. Kindda weird.
Any idea or tricks please ?
Yes on mine it does not do as the manual says either. But it is charging and cycling on and off while it does so and although it holds a charge it does not tell you when it is fully charged. I left it charging overnight and it was still cycling on and off in the morning. It is working fine on the bike, but that is why you need to carry a small USB powerbank. Otherwise someday when you least expect it you will be left high and dry. I am not sure why they used rechargeable batteries since it would be easier to carry a pair of cr2016,s as in the Purion.

Very strange indeed. I don’t see why they write something in the owner manual and the display do not respond as it should.

I will write to Bosch and see what they have to say about this.
Cheers

I am surprised that you and I are the only ones who are talking about it.

You guys are completely misunderstanding the function of the display battery. It is there to back up the settings and data in the display when one of two conditions occur: #1 the bike battery is discharged or removed from the bike or #2 the display is removed from the bike. Unless one of those two conditions occurs for a lengthy period of time, the display's battery is not going to discharge enough that you have to worry about it. In normal use (the display and bike battery mounted on the bike) the display battery will top up it's charge from the bike battery.

Hopefully this will lead you to also understand there is no need to be carrying a power bank around, either!

Ok it’s sound good. But, could you tell me why in the owner manual, they recommend charging it with the USB port and it does not seem to do anything regarding this matter. I do not use my bike in the winter.
As for the power pack, for myself, it is only a mean to recharge my Iphone.

But, could you tell me why in the owner manual, they recommend charging it with the USB port and it does not seem to do anything regarding this matter. I do not use my bike in the winter.

The USB charging provision is there for the situation where the display is being stored off the bike for a long period of time (such as in your case when your bike is in winter storage).

As to why the charging seems to work differently than described in the manual, from your description of what happens, I'm going to guess that you're doing it right and the display battery is charging correc tly, but the manual description is either confusing or in error. Happens all the time with manuals because of misunderstandings between the engineers and tech writers, also sometimes engineering changes are made after the manual is written. The only way to know absolutely for sure is talk to a knowledgeable Bosch tech.

I guess you are right. I will send Bosch an e-mail and ask them what is the right and wrong about the litterature. Thanks for you help.

You guys are completely misunderstanding the function of the display battery. It is there to back up the settings and data in the display when one of two conditions occur: #1 the bike battery is discharged or removed from the bike or #2 the display is removed from the bike. Unless one of those two conditions occurs for a lengthy period of time, the display's battery is not going to discharge enough that you have to worry about it. In normal use (the display and bike battery mounted on the bike) the display battery will top up it's charge from the bike battery.

Hopefully this will lead you to also understand there is no need to be carrying a power bank around, either!
WRONG !

The USB charging provision is there for the situation where the display is being stored off the bike for a long period of time (such as in your case when your bike is in winter storage).

As to why the charging seems to work differently than described in the manual, from your description of what happens, I'm going to guess that you're doing it right and the display battery is charging correc tly, but the manual description is either confusing or in error. Happens all the time with manuals because of misunderstandings between the engineers and tech writers, also sometimes engineering changes are made after the manual is written. The only way to know absolutely for sure is talk to a knowledgeable Bosch tech.
You are right about one thing ....that you are guessing ...and when it happens to you it will become painfully clear.

Last edited:
Just read on a french forum how many Intuvia Owners had problem. First, never remove the display from the bike if it is ON. Turn it off or you may have a warning saying: System error. You will not be able to use any of the control to change the display menu.

You will have to let the Intuvia battery go flat dead and put it back on it’s base to restart it. It many take many hours. Sad if you have to pedal 30km to come back to your house.

There is no reset on the Intuvia, Bosch does not want anyone to change the internal setting. (Technician from the Bosch plant in Germany)

The trick would be to find a way to empty the battery rapidly as to continue your trip.

I think that I will try to connect a USB cable in the port and plug it to something that will use all of the current from the Intuvia. This should make me gain a few hours if it ever happen.

I noticed that in the back of my display, 2 holes are plugged with a special black paint that will indicate to a dealer if the display has been tempered with.

I will continue to monitor this french forum (my native language) in case I could learn more.

I am looking for a posted link to a cable and a dongle to be used with the Intuvia USB port ?

If so, would you be kind enough to give me the reference please.

Thank you very much.

John.

Yes this can help but the last one is in Germany and has a 19$ shipping fee. Someone once show a link from Amazon.
Thanks Drew.

Last edited:
Back