Do the dealers sell touchup paint for the Turbo's?

John Dombrowski

My wife already dropped her Turbo. :( Didn't have the kickstand all the way down and it fell over. Nothing major, just chipped a little paint on the back of the frame where the wheel goes in.

I had the same problem and the same reply from Specialized. The gear changer keeps hitting the top tube and has already left a dent in its paint. I also fell once and the break lever chipped the other side of the tube. I bought some hobby model paint which I thought was closest to the colour, which I think is scarlet red in my case.

I just happened to see something in the maintenance section of the manual where it says to take it to your local Specialized dealer to touch up any nicks or scratches. But the dealers say they don't carry any touch-up paint. Hmmm.

This is not helping JD, but for the ones who own a red bike, this is the info I got from Specialized: the colour code should be 1945 CS in the Pantone matching system.

The closest I have found is nail polish sold at CVS Pharmacy in the USA. The brand is Essie. The color is Geranium. I bought everything at CVS and Target that remotely came close. That is the best match so far.

Back