Display screen upgrade/compatibility? ( Radio Flyer M880 )

smallwig

Region
USA
The bike uses a 48v pack, the screen has a 6-pin connector. The motor controller is a Lishui ( www.lsdzs.com ) 'Product number': LSW110-175E CL2107087320. 500W hub-motor of unknown design.

The screen is way too bright at night-time and makes it hard to see/focus ahead. The battery bar meter used to work as a pretty accurate fuel gauge but for some reason stopped being accurate ( was showing 4/5 bars , motor lost power and a voltage measurement suggested pack was heavily discharged , at 40 volts ).

How generic are the screens for e-bikes, if I find something that uses a 6 pin connector is it likely to be fully compatible with the motor controller? I'm really wanting something with good screen brightness ( either it's perfect brightness, adaptive to lighting conditions, or adjustable brightness ) and can convey ACCURATE state-of-charge information ( just a plain voltage reading isn't what I want, I want an accurate percentage reading ).

Let me know what you think, or if you have any product suggestions, thanks.

They are NOT generic. Think the exact opposite of generic. Generally the display and controller are updated as a pair. Replacing one side or the other with a different brand not a good plan....

Back