Did we get the compact or the regular charger?

Looking at how long it would take to top up from 3/5 to 5/5 for a bike ride tonight, I stumbled across this:
1556313825163.png

Looks like the standard charger only comes in a Euro-spec supply voltage, which begs the question: were we all given compact "slow" chargers?

I've only ever charged my bike overnight, and generally only from 2/5 bars, so I've not got a clue how long it takes. Does anyone know if dual batteries is a 15hr or 9hr affair, or 7.5hr/4.5hr for singletons?
1556313939124.png

I just checked my Bosch US charger and the label states the following:
Input: 110V-230V~50-60Hz 2.2A
Output: 36V 4A

This charger, with proper wall cable, is good anywhere in the world. Since I have the 4A Standard charger, my dual batteries will need nine hours for a complete charge. This is the charger that came with my R&M Homage Rohloff GX.

I'd check the back of your charger and see what it says. If it has 4A output current you have the Standard Charger:

fullsizeoutput_1cec.jpeg

Interesting... here in OZ, we got definitely got the fast charger - not sure whether that's compact or standard. But it' s only for our voltage - so wouldn't work in Europe.

IMG_4047.JPG

We charged the PowerPack 500 (off the bike) from 1/5 and it took less than 3 hrs. Which would seem about right. We have dual batteries and have charged them on the bike from 2/5 bars and it probably took a 3-4 hours which again seems right.

Interesting... here in OZ, we got definitely got the fast charger - not sure whether that's compact or standard. But it' s only for our voltage - so wouldn't work in Europe.

View attachment 32608

We charged the PowerPack 500 (off the bike) from 1/5 and it took less than 3 hrs. Which would seem about right. We have dual batteries and have charged them on the bike from 2/5 bars and it probably took a 3-4 hours which again seems right.

Compact is 2A, Standard is 4A and Fast is 6A, all at 36V of course. You got the Fast Charger with the bike? I’m jealous. We can’t even buy them here and have been told they will not be made available in the US due to poor sales in Europe.

I received a fast charger... coupled with a R&M super charger or the other way around. :D
I expected just a normal charger, but with 2x500wh it's no luxury after all.

Back