Death on a Sondors

@Greg Tanihara; thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge about your friend's bike accident. Wish I had the opportunity to have known Guy as you did; he was an exceptional person. Perhaps you help to keep his spirit alive as you ride that Sondors ebike. Many happy miles to you.

I own the Sonders e bike Guy Junker died on. The bike was given to me
That was very thoughtful for you to have addressed this, Greg. I have been in my fair-share of bike accidents. In one in particular I was thankful for my helmet, which disintegrated when I smacked my head on the pavement. I'm only lucky I haven't had this happen helmetless. RIP Guy...I hope you have many happy and safe miles on Guy's bike and that his spirit rides along with you.
Yeah Guy had an awesome Capt. America Easy Rider helmet but he was visiting his friends up the block 300 feet. It was so close. It would have saved his life. He hit the back of his head on the asphalt. His friends were all watching him go down the hill. It is so unreal that he's gone. He sponsored so many BBQs at his gallery. Food, DJs, Art, singing and bringing the island together for fun. Here's a Halloween Bbq Guy and his Girlfriend Rosa threw for everyone. Guy will be missed.

Attachments

• 329037_2402527835650_2064185299_o.jpg
    329037_2402527835650_2064185299_o.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 557
Are you trying to say the product failed and that's why this cyclist died? Can you please provide proof that the product is what is at fault, and thus not the cyclist? Sure it wasn't the concrete curb at fault?

Did the ebike pedal or motor itself into the curb @ 2am? Was the cyclist wearing safety gear--you know, a helmet?

Every single person who rides any bike or drives any vehicle is at risk of death or injury from using their bike or vehicle. If the vehicle/bike was working just fine, then it would be due to something else. Unless you're trying to imply Sonders bikes are possessed and are on a mission to kill their owners.
View attachment 4813
The bike wasn't at fault. I was gifted the bike after the accident. It works fine. Guy didn't hit a curb dead on he came in at an angle and rode over the edge of the driveway transition. Like how bmx kids jump the steep part of a driveway to get air. He got out of shape and went into a planter with a sign. The bike went under the sign but it knocked him backwards off the bike whipping his head into the asphalt of the parking lot as he and the bike exited the planter. We have a memorial for Guy in that planter.

@Greg Tanihara; thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge about your friend's bike accident. Wish I had the opportunity to have known Guy as you did; he was an exceptional person. Perhaps you help to keep his spirit alive as you ride that Sondors ebike. Many happy miles to you.
Thank you I do. Everyone sees me riding Guys bike. Like he's still cruising around Lahaina.

Here's the Sonders bike today. I've upgraded to Shimano juice brakes cause I haul around 30 lbs. of groceries daily for my restaurant job. It's a great bike. I can haul 4 full grocery bags on it.

Attachments

• 13719691_10208782711958193_7552591484008499422_o.jpg
    13719691_10208782711958193_7552591484008499422_o.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 667
Back