DCP-18

TampaJR

Region
USA
I noticed that my dcp18 display is not very accurate in distance traveled compared to my GPS. Example, I recently rode 37 miles according to the GPS which I know is accurate . The dcp18 displayed 30 miles. I also noticed that the voltage displayed is a little bit off from my charger reading. The battery is charged to 52 volts , but the dcp18 displays 51.6 volts . I would assume these displays are known for not being spot on in terms of accuracy. Is this correct from what others are seeing from their DCP 18? It's not a big deal, I was just curious if this is the norm.

Hello, it could be that the display is reading inaccurately or one of the sizing settings is off. If this is a Bafang DCP 18 Color Display I would recommend going through the programed settings to verify if the wheel diameter and battery voltage were set right for the unit you have.

Hope that helps you out!

The wheel diameter settings are based on a 2.1" wide tire, so you'll have to cross reference circumference if you're running a different width.

Hello, it could be that the display is reading inaccurately or one of the sizing settings is off. If this is a Bafang DCP 18 Color Display I would recommend going through the programed settings to verify if the wheel diameter and battery voltage were set right for the unit you have.

Hope that helps you out!

Hope that helps you out!
The tire size that I have on the bike is 27.5 in. Most of the bike owners set the tire size for 27 inch since there is no in between setting. There's really nothing to set on the settings of the dcp18 for a voltage other than selecting either it displays voltage or percentage of battery. I appreciate your responding!

The tire size that I have on the bike is 27.5 in. Most of the bike owners set the tire size for 27 inch since there is no in between setting. There's really nothing to set on the settings of the dcp18 for a voltage other than selecting either it displays voltage or percentage of battery. I appreciate your responding!
No problem at all! It has been about a year since I've worked with the DCP-18's directly, so my memory is kind of foggy. Apologies for that! It could be on those that you would need the Bafang Besst programmer and log in in order to fiddle with the parameters. I know the DCP-10 is slightly easier to access and change settings on. It also may be worth to probe the battery output to verify whether the display or the charger is off; a 0.4V (2.9ish %) variation I wouldn't be overly concerned with.

No problem at all! It has been about a year since I've worked with the DCP-18's directly, so my memory is kind of foggy. Apologies for that! It could be on those that you would need the Bafang Besst programmer and log in in order to fiddle with the parameters. I know the DCP-10 is slightly easier to access and change settings on. It also may be worth to probe the battery output to verify whether the display or the charger is off; a 0.4V (2.9ish %) variation I wouldn't be overly concerned with.
Yes voltage is only off .4V.

Back