DASH....Yikes the Tool Wrench?

Hello All,

I have about 400 miles on my E3 Dash and was out this morning (around 90 degrees at 9am...Las Vegas ) riding. The ride was short 10 miles but had some decent inclines. Had the PAS in number 4 most of the way and right before I got home the Tool Wrench popped up on the LCD. It then disappeared. The Bike was riding great and gave me no trouble. I put my bike inside the house and felt the motor and it was VERY Hot but it is 90 outside and I was in PAS 4 and it is black.

I looked up what the wrench means and its reads Maintenance indicator.

My questions is what sort of maintenance would need to be done? I called the local bike shop and they did not know but said they will look into it. What would cause the wrench to pop up? Any recommendations?

Thx
Justin

Was there any error code number displayed with the wrench?
If so, see what the error code number means.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Also, it would be a good idea to run the onboard diagnostics test.

Was there any error code number displayed with the wrench?
If so, see what the error code number means.
Also, it would be a good idea to run the onboard diagnostics test.
Thanks Charly - I will do this tonight.

No Error code just wrench popped up for a sec.

Wow, 90 degrees at 9am!! That's a scorcher man. It could very well be an overheating warning

You may have an intermittent connector problem. I seem to remember that Brian(J) had a problem and reseating the connectors at the LCD display solved it. Also, on my bike I've been spraying the connectors with CRC QD Electronic Cleaner with cleans and lubricates connectors.

Did you end up figuring out what the issue was @Justin McLeod? I'm curious if this was a false alarm or maybe attributable to heat. I've heard that some hub motors are designed with sensors that shut them down if overheating temperatures are reached but I'm not really an expert and have only limited experience with the Dash.

Back