Cruising Cheetah Style!

It's a shame the cheetah triple clamps couldn't be molded to fit. I'm not in a hurry so I'll be researching forks to find the easiest to fit.
Thanks for the response.

Wow! I'm impressed with all of your mods, very nice! Love the front forks and suspension ideas. What materials did you use. Is it all custom made or any off the shelf parts you are adopting? I see polished parts that look machined, and your forks look like polished copper with painted lower shafts. Details please!
I like the full chopper look going on. Bobbed fender, highrise handlebars, penstriping, etc.
Did you have to get longer cables for the highrise handle bars?
I see your chain guardis off. Have you changed your ring gear? Beautiful quality work. Can't wait to see the finished product. Obviously a master tech. Best regards.
I bought the Zoom Downhill forks at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zoom-MTB-Mountain-Bike-Downhill-Suspension-Fork-680DH-20mm-Thru-Axle-Aluminum/264666045204?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

These forks are of course made for a standard 26" Diameter skinny mountain bike wheel and tire so they will be modded to accept the 4" wide Cheetah setup. I've already drawn the new wider triple clamps in CAD and have asked a dozen or so people for the front axle thread size to machine the axle adapters but have yet to attain this info. I believe it may be 3/8-26 or 10MM-26 but I must be certain to machine the axle adapters.

View attachment 64430View attachment 64431

Although they are non-air adjustable, they do have rebound dampening and preload adjustment. The forks have 170mm of travel and are 805mm overall length so they should be a perfect fit. I didn't have to extend the cables to accommodate the ape hanger handlebars and although they are super comfortable, I will be changing the overall look to a more 1/2-mile motorcycle racer theme moving forward. I've also got my spare tanks being painted black with an old school flame job cause, Well I'm old!

I haven't had this much fun on two wheels since my motorcycling days! I love this big bike.

I have also got some very different ideas with regards to the chain-guard and crank assemblies. One of which will be the move to a 52 to 54 tooth chain-ring possibly higher end Shimano or SRAM products and carve out some crazy CNC machined chain-ring covers.

On the topic of Andrew's Vintage Electric Bikes. His bike is what I aspire my custom Cheetah to be when it finally rolls down the boardwalk. His love of what he is doing clearly shows in the top notch quality of his products. I just love the look of the Cheetah much more is why I chose it over any other bike.
Mr Miyagi, nice work and thanks for the photos and information. Sounds like it will be awesome and one of a kind! The flaming tank should really set it off. Love to see photos when done. If anyone has a p/n for a larger chain-ring around 53t I would like to change mine out.
Very happy with my bike for now but getting lots of ideas for future mods when the time comes. Many thanks!

I just called Electric Bicycle Center this morning and have an appointment to measure the Cheetah's bottom bracket that should provide the information required to choose the correct crankset & chain-ring setup. I'm looking forward to a 52 to 54 tooth conversion. Will post the results as soon as possible.

Any of you guys have knowledge of the Wicked Thumb bikes? Identical to the Cheetah and prices pretty comparable. They actually have some nice accessories, paint schemes and the option to upgrade to a suspension fork.

www.wickedthumb.com

I recently joined up with them and they are selling Customized Cheetahs out of Texas. Their "McQueen" and "McQueen Rat" have very nice upgrades. I really like the white wall smooth tires on their "Rat". I did not see a suspension fork offered however. I am using the same bar end mirror like the one they offer. It's very cool to see this bike catch-on.

I recently joined up with them and they are selling Customized Cheetahs out of Texas. Their "McQueen" and "McQueen Rat" have very nice upgrades. I really like the white wall smooth tires on their "Rat". I did not see a suspension fork offered however. I am using the same bar end mirror like the one they offer. It's very cool to see this bike catch-on.
I think you better check that again. Customizing retro cruiser out of China. If they are truly customizing Cheetahs, they are throwing away a lot of profit unless Cheetah sells to them out of the container they get from China,
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.1c301f2czjOWEx

Nice to see custom variations of the Civi Cheetah platform available.
I have seen another company as well offer customized versions.

The wide white walls add a nice retro look and tire option. Similar pricing is $500. to $1,000. more than the base Cheetah though. Not so similar.

Can you elaborate on the optional suspension forks mentioned? Photos and pricing? Searched the site and no mention of optional front suspension. Sorry if I'm missing something.

Lots of customizing potential with the Cheetah platform. Probably rework mine down the road but enjoying as is for now. Great design out of the box.

Here's a couple of customs I have seen. Ride on!

H407baa6df6c842bd8e4d8b9661cd9a7cC.jpg_640x640q50.jpg
HTB1gZwiVxnaK1RjSZFtq6zC2VXa8.jpg_640x640q50.jpg
HTB1nA7eVxnaK1RjSZFBq6AW7VXaB.jpg_640x640q50.jpg
HTB1HTDRVrvpK1RjSZFqq6AXUVXaN.jpg_640x640q50.jpg
HTB1ka2QVCzqK1RjSZFjq6zlCFXaf.jpg_640x640q50.jpg

I talked to Ron at Wicked Thumb yesterday and he sent me this picture. The forks are a $300 upgrade. They are pretty responsive if you call and leave a message. Got back to me within the hour.

Attachments

• 56C0C985-1D5F-482A-84B7-B1D1843E7A0A_4_5005_c.jpeg
    56C0C985-1D5F-482A-84B7-B1D1843E7A0A_4_5005_c.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 309
Nice to see custom variations of the Civi Cheetah platform available.
I have seen another company as well offer customized versions.

The wide white walls add a nice retro look and tire option. Similar pricing is $500. to $1,000. more than the base Cheetah though. Not so similar.

Can you elaborate on the optional suspension forks mentioned? Photos and pricing? Searched the site and no mention of optional front suspension. Sorry if I'm missing something.

Lots of customizing potential with the Cheetah platform. Probably rework mine down the road but enjoying as is for now. Great design out of the box.

Here's a couple of customs I have seen. Ride on!

View attachment 65637View attachment 65638View attachment 65639View attachment 65640View attachment 65641
56C0C985-1D5F-482A-84B7-B1D1843E7A0A_4_5005_c.jpeg

Just got an email from "Wicked Thumb Information" regarding their front suspension fork! Sounds great! Offering a $300.00 dollar upgrade should be a huge boost to their product line.

Back