Cruising Cheetah Style!

Love those smooth tires! Were they an upgrade?
They are new old stock Surly Black Floyds - they were discontinued about 4 - 5 years ago, and are scarce as hen's teeth in this part of the world. I am lucky to have a local bike shop owner in my town who was the Surly agent for NZ, who tracked these down for me.

Last edited:
Great looking bike. What did that run you?
Pretty much what it would have in the United States, taking into account the exchange rate/taxes and tariffs etc. I had the grips and pedals from other projects - the saddle was $NZ 190.00 ($US 128.47 at todays exchange rate). I'm sworn to secrecy over the price paid for the tires...

Yesterday's madden voyage on the
McQueen 750 Rat! Awesome ride
IMG_7280.JPG

Heres my latest update, Brooks Saddles, new front end and 56 tooth front!

Attachments

• Brooks1.jpg
    Brooks1.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Did the fork brace break?
No, the stock triple trees were like1/4" off from the ones that came with the suspension I got them in, but they were binding, so I got out the porta band. I should have just cut it in the center but ended up getting rid of it..Looks actually ok but wont be running a fender....Im ok with it. Did get the brooks saddle, its pretty cool...Actually looks good from the front, I made it look like an arrowhead shape...

Oh Snap! I totally took the center line spread dimension for granted being the forks were made for a Fat Tire. I’ve been thinking of machining and mounting a fork brace since I had to cut mine in half as well.
Your saddle blends very well too!

Back