Cross Current

@Jack Tyler , @Tom

I have attached some pictures of the bike we have. It has mounting pts for disc compatible rear rack and fenders.
Also, it comes with a kickstand. The only other bikes that come with premium Tektro Dorado brakes are
OHM XS 750-16
Stromer ST1 T/S
Easy Motion EVO Nitro City.
All these bikes retail for $4K +

You can always add a suspension seatpost and the 23Ah battery when it comes out. Try finding a bike with such features for $1.5K.

Juiced CC 1.jpg Juiced CC 2.jpg Juiced CC 3.jpg Juiced CC 4.jpg Juiced CC 5.jpg Juiced CC 6.jpg Juiced CC 7.jpg

@youth , it comes a kickstand already.

If you upgrade the bike to 23Ah battery, you can make 2 round trips without charging.

Thanks for the non stock pics. Looking good & looks like it may also need a water bottle mount. Wonder if the black version will be matte or glossy. The 23Ah would be nice but I like the semi stealth look with it's current battery which I assume is the 10.4 Ah battery? Now if only there were a dealer in the Chicagoland area. The closest is 100mi away & a snow/truck equipment dealer that I may as well consider taking the bus up there.

We got the water bottle cage mount on the production units. Black is stealth with clear coat graphics, looks sweet. We will have the pictures in different colors, 7.8 Ah and 10.4 Ah trims shortly.

@Jack Tyler , @Tom

I have attached some pictures of the bike we have. It has mounting pts for disc compatible rear rack and fenders.
Also, it comes with a kickstand. The only other bikes that come with premium Tektro Dorado brakes are
OHM XS 750-16
Stromer ST1 T/S
Easy Motion EVO Nitro City.
All these bikes retail for $4K +

You can always add a suspension seatpost and the 23Ah battery when it comes out. Try finding a bike with such features for $1.5K.

View attachment 5630 View attachment 5631 View attachment 5632 View attachment 5633 View attachment 5634 View attachment 5635 View attachment 5636

@youth , it comes a kickstand already.

If you upgrade the bike to 23Ah battery, you can make 2 round trips without charging.
Yeah, those are the best brakes we ever tested and use them on all our bikes. Hard to get!

@Crazy Lenny Ebikes, thanks for sharing the pics...and especially the response re: hill climbing ability of the CC. That was perhaps my biggest Q about the CC, given Tora's description of how he's modified the geared hub motor. We do appreciate you and the other vendors being here.

Reactions: Tom
I'm currently considering the Crosscurrent for this commuting route: https://goo.gl/maps/VuKbkiUxSL82 (just so you can see the distance and elevation change) but my issue is I will also be towing a child trailer with a 25 lb dog in it (I'm already 210 lbs). Do you think this bike with its 350w motor be able to handle that load?

I'm currently considering the Crosscurrent for this commuting route: https://goo.gl/maps/VuKbkiUxSL82 (just so you can see the distance and elevation change) but my issue is I will also be towing a child trailer with a 25 lb dog in it (I'm already 210 lbs). Do you think this bike with its 350w motor be able to handle that load?
A much better bike for this kind of job would be our ODK U500 Utility E-bike. Its has much more pulling power and larger payload capacity. On top of this the battery capacity is up to 4x greater.

I'd kill for this to have just a little more power like a 500w nominal geared motor. The odd is overkill for me but the cc seems just under what I need.

@Crazy Lenny Ebikes is that the 10.4 ah battery in your pic?

Somehow the stealth black 10.4 Ah production CrossCurrent got out of the studio without anyone noticing...
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Attachments

• CrossCurrent 1.1  - Black - 10.4 Ah -Side  Right (high rez).jpg
    CrossCurrent 1.1 - Black - 10.4 Ah -Side Right (high rez).jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 337
I'd kill for this to have just a little more power like a 500w nominal geared motor. The odd is overkill for me but the cc seems just under what I need.

@Crazy Lenny Ebikes is that the 10.4 ah battery in your pic?
A 500 watt geared hub motor with a 48v battery and hydraulic brakes in a relatively light weight affordable package is the holy grail of commuters. Look at how much interest this cross current is getting. Have an optional 500w motor and a true display for a few hundred more and this bike would be even more compelling. IMO. I'd like to try this thing out. It's like the new "Dash". By that I mean it is similar to the first and second gen Dash in terms of specs, interest, and popularity.

Last edited:
A 500 watt geared hub motor with a 48v battery and hydraulic brakes in a relatively light weight affordable package is the holy grail of commuters. Look at how much interest this cross current is getting. Have an optional 500w motor and a true display for a few hundred more and this bike would be even more compelling. IMO. I'd like to try this thing out. It's like the new "Dash". By that I mean it is similar to the first and second gen Dash in terms of specs, interest, and popularity.

Add to the holy grail spec "wish-list" a proper torque sensor. It's probably the most overlooked feature of the CrossCurrent. We went to great lengths to get it properly integrated onto the bike. It's the one component that brings the e-bike to life, but the hardest to understand without riding one.

It's a strange situation. You guys, in California, have to certify the watts and top speeds next year. As a manufacturer, you almost have to comply. The CC is right at the limits, if you use battery input, but there would be some room if you use motor output.

The Flux bikes are being done in Cal on a CF campaign, so maybe they ship from China. They have a mid-drive and I've seen their drive at 500 watts on a steep hill (video). They sort of have a torque sensor (in the final version, not the proto). Curiously, for a 25 mph ebike, they also have a throttle. The Flux could be serious competition.

If people respect the 750 watt limit it isn't clear how to get good climb while having a 28 mph cruise. It's easy with a mid-drive. To me, the issues are:

(1) It will be interesting to see how hard the rider has to work to maintain 28 mph on your bike.
(2) It will be interesting to see how hard a rider has to work to get up a 10% grade on your bike.
(3) Every bike is a compromise. What is the compromise profile of the CC, given the great price.

I have the smaller Mac and with the stock settings and a 48v battery, it pulls 1250 watts or so up hills. The nominal rating is 350 watts. This nominal power is a joke. But I know what the motor does with 36v and 950 watts. The watts really matter on hills. If everyone plays by the California rules, it seems like the mid-drives are favored.

Do you think the 750 watt limit will ultimately lock people in to mid-drives? (The same limit applies in Utah but the law states output power. Utah now has a 28 mph Class 3, as well.)

Seems soon after the Black version pics were post here & on Facebook all the Medium preorders sold out in both colors. I never thought to preorder a bike, but I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

By the way, when is Court going to review the Cross Current? Someone's got to get him a pre-production demo... Or send one to me, and I'll be happy to review! :)

Back