Cross Current

Has anyone ridden the crosscurrent in the rain? I want to know how it does with water. I know water is an issue for any electric bike but with the cutoff issue with some of the battery packs depending on the version, I was wondering how it would do in the rain or if there might be any other issues with the battery pack. I'm thinking about getting a 21 amp battery with the crosscurrent as my daily driver.
I rode it in the rain in the past month when it was raining a lot in LA,
If anybody is looking for a low profile bell I can recommend one of these Rockbros bells. It pushes the shifter over to the left a little but it's still usable.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
what light is that?

That's the remote for my Specialized Flux Expert light. It's a good light but it doesn't run off the bike battery. I had it before I bought an e-bike.

That's the remote for my Specialized Flux Expert light. It's a good light but it doesn't run off the bike battery. I had it before I bought an e-bike.
nice! love the slim remote profile. does the light run off an external battery? or is the battery self contained in the light housing unit, im trying to look for a light that doesnt have to hook up to an external battery, I prefer all units having their own power supply

Last edited:
The light has it's own internal battery and is easy to remove and take with you. It lasts about an hour on the highest setting and about two hours on the next highest setting (which I normally use at night.) The remote lets you easily cycle between all of the modes. The big button turns on the high beam (just like a car.) The best feature is the "visual horn" where you press the big button quickly and it strobes the light. It works really well to prevent cars from making a left turn in front of you.

Does anyone know, if I remove the throttle, do I just leave the slot unplugged in the wire harness? Should I cover it with something or some form of seal to prevent damage?

I would probably use electrical tape or teflon tape to wrap it to protect the threads and pins in case you need to reuse it. Then seal it with coax seal. Coax seal molds is like putty and is water resistant.

Question for Tora or Juiced rep.-- Will the Cross Current be produced at any near date with a 500 watt motor? See the new Ocean has come out with this but like the Cc much better

Question for Tora or Juiced rep.-- Will the Cross Current be produced at any near date with a 500 watt motor? See the new Ocean has come out with this but like the Cc much better
i second this, or a send in upgrade to existing crosscurrent for motor and controller

Loving the 17.4Ah battery. I finally took the CC 30 miles R/T to my brother's place in Hollywood yesterday. With the bigger battery I could make the round trip on the highest setting with no range anxiety. A guy on a road bike was drafting me most of the way home. I'm strongly considering upgrading to the 21Ah battery when it is released.

https://www.strava.com/activities/942576130

Loving the 17.4Ah battery. I finally took the CC 30 miles R/T to my brother's place in Hollywood yesterday. With the bigger battery I could make the round trip on the highest setting with no range anxiety. A guy on a road bike was drafting me most of the way home. I'm strongly considering upgrading to the 21Ah battery when it is released.

https://www.strava.com/activities/942576130
yeah I'm waiting on the 21Ah. may can't come sooner, but I've been doing playa Vista to pasadena on assist 3 with no problems and just need to charge there for an hour to do the other way back

Last edited:
i second this, or a send in upgrade to existing crosscurrent for motor and controller

Yep, that would help. If knew owner installable upgrades would be made available might make it easier to spring for model now that is very attractive for other reasons but fear is there won't have enough torque for your purposes

In case anyone else needs fenders on the earlier versions of the CC, these SKS ones have worked well for me. They flap a bit over bumps, but they don't rub and they keep me dry.

SKS Velo 65 Trekking Front and Rear Snap-On Fender Set, 26/29-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OPUCA6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_vUCIugze9Mp7l

yeah they are awesome, I have them on mine, you can always get the sks fender stays to stop them from flapping, but for the suspension fork you need to get 2 small L brackets to mount them. gotta also consider your wheel size, if you changed your stock kendas, I have to grind and dremel the fenders abit to mount them higher to stop rubbing my schwalbe marathon almotions

Is it possible to lock the battery up on the crosscurrent/air with an off the shelf lock, or does something custom need to be built? Thanks!

The battery is already locked to the bike and requires the key to be removed. You can remove the battery and take it with you if you wish. Do you mean add an additional lock on top of that?

The battery is already locked to the bike and requires the key to be removed. You can remove the battery and take it with you if you wish. Do you mean add an additional lock on top of that?

Ahh thanks for pointing that out, I'd just seen a pic and the specs I saw weren't clear on what kind of lock, if any. What would you say the security of the locking mechanism is 1-10? I know if someone is super intent they'll get it like any bike. I don't have a shop near me, so yes it would be great if you see of a way to easily use an extra lock? With respect, D

I couldn't tell you how vulnerable the lock is to being picked or defeated. But keep in mind that the battery can be removed and taken with you. So if you're leaving the bike locked up for hours at a time you can take the battery with you. If you're only going to be gone for 15-30 minutes you could leave it locked to the bike. Obviously you have to weigh the inconvenience of carrying an extra lock with you vs. the chances of the battery being stolen. A u-lock could probably be used to lock the battery to the frame. You wouldn't want to use a flimsy cable lock since those so easy to cut.

It would only be for short trips to the store when I leave it on and I don't have a problem taking an extra lock if I get it and think it's needed. Appreciate the info.

My Cross Current died 7 miles from home last night. I rode it all the way home with no assist :eek: Ever since I got the rear wheel trued it actually does a good job of free wheeling so it wasn't too awful riding home but you want to keep your momentum up. The alternative would've been a $60 Uber SUV ride home. The wiring connector above the the battery latch had come loose. My shop fixed it in about 15 min so I can't complain. I think maybe they didn't leave enough slack on the cable the last time they replaced the controller.

Back