Creating Options with the Biktrix Ultra 1000

jwt355

So I got my ultra 1000 back in July. Bike has been fantastic but I wanted to be able to cruise the city streets and take it off road on the trails without to much fuss. This is where the Ultra shines. I bought my Ultra with the 29 inch wheels and the Wren Front suspension along with the 4 caliper hydraulic brakes. So I started researching Wheels and spacing and all that jazz to learn what I need to know about buying the correct wheels. couple weeks I ran into the Fatbike Facebook Page and found a guy on there selling 27.5 wheels with 150f/190r wheels. These are Carbon Fiber no name brand wheels and hubs that are setup with tubeless Specialized Ground Control tires 3 inch wide. To boot these where 15mm front Axle and QR rear wheel.
Talk about luck. These are the exact specs of what I have on my Juggernaut but in the 29 inch version. These wheels came without the rotors and cassette. So I shopped amazon and scored the Rotors and bought the exact same cassette that is on my 29 inch wheels.
Today I took them down to the shop and had them all put together. Brought the wheels home and got them on the bike tonight. Went off without a hitch accept my front through axle was a bit of a PITA to figure out. But I got it done. Here are some photos of the bike now with the 27.5x3 inch Carbon fiber tubeless Wheels. Man did I luck out. Total for everything was about 450$. Enjoy the pics. Hopefully it will encourage others to dare to modify and change things up so you have options when it comes to your bike. Now I have 29 inch wheels that came with the bike that I keep my maxis road tires on for around town, and the 27.5 Carbon Tubeless wheels for trail and mountain riding.

Attachments

• SOjfV7HmQKu23ZeiCc2ITg.jpg
    SOjfV7HmQKu23ZeiCc2ITg.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 549
  • 8G6bFGCnSnySP457uYFHlQ.jpg
    8G6bFGCnSnySP457uYFHlQ.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 515
  • M69jWuF4R6y95P%yKxYkRw.jpg
    M69jWuF4R6y95P%yKxYkRw.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 541
  • PIYNR3mnQbO+io32%UjxdA.jpg
    PIYNR3mnQbO+io32%UjxdA.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 541
  • bO5PNhNHRkOtirwZcTEy6g.jpg
    bO5PNhNHRkOtirwZcTEy6g.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 518
  • cVUFdLD7TtqnSXkwhMSYMg.jpg
    cVUFdLD7TtqnSXkwhMSYMg.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 526
  • HROLif8ZTmCb4OUp63XArw.jpg
    HROLif8ZTmCb4OUp63XArw.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 505
  • 8i81Dt2OQp6i4vlMMQawmA.jpg
    8i81Dt2OQp6i4vlMMQawmA.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 510
  • A7yFgWE7TVyWRtcjydbdxA.jpg
    A7yFgWE7TVyWRtcjydbdxA.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 511
  • CaXaPoWfSB6jh1LiJEbN+A.jpg
    CaXaPoWfSB6jh1LiJEbN+A.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 512
  • iFowa47TQpCWpyjyFxpoew.jpg
    iFowa47TQpCWpyjyFxpoew.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 534
  • 2g3ND7T9S+ukHudKjmJHMg.jpg
    2g3ND7T9S+ukHudKjmJHMg.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 568
  • E05YnVvbRMiqutvWvqSd4Q.jpg
    E05YnVvbRMiqutvWvqSd4Q.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 474
By the way did I mention how unbelievably light Carbon tubeless wheels are? Wow couldn't believe the difference in weight. Bike feels like it lost a few pounds by changing them out. ;-)

Very cool. I don't know how street riding you do, but a set of smooth tread tires turns it into a great urban bike.

Yeah I have the Maxxis Grifters for the 29 inch wheels that I use for Street riding. They are a road bike type tire.

Back