Court's review of 2015 EVO Street is now available

PowerMe

http://electricbikereview.com/easy-motion/evo-street/

One difference I noticed in the specs Court listed is the range.

Easy Motion claims 30 to 60 mi range for this eBike

Court posted 20 to 45 mi range for this eBike in the specs.

My personal experience with this bike matches what Court posted in his review, but I did want to point it out, as the two different specifications are pretty far apart, IMO.

It varies A LOT on how you ride it and the terrain you're on. You could burn it all in a few miles if you really pushed it. But I went about eight miles last weekend with zero drop in the battery percent by using it basically as an unpowered bike except for hitting the throttle sparingly on the steepest hills. I wonder how the "standard" range is tested.

I was actually thrilled to figure out that it could be used well as an unpowered bike too. The weight doesn't affect it as much as I was afraid it would and the gears have a really good range for using it unpowered. This is useful in case I ever decide to do an all-day bike excursion. Using it normally, the battery would never last all day. But, I think, using it as basically unpowered except for an occasional push on the steeper hills would let it hold out that long, if I needed it to.

You're in much better shape than me if you can use your EVO City as an unpowered bike with no strain. I can do so for a quarter mile or maybe as much as a half mile if the terrain is completely flat, and of course downhill is always a given. But on the very slightest of inclines, I need assistance.

The weight doesn't affect it as much as I was afraid it would and the gears have a really good range for using it unpowered.

One thing I noticed on my test rides was how nice and light the Street pedaled without assist (the Cross and the Jet as well).

You're in much better shape than me if you can use your EVO City as an unpowered bike with no strain. I can do so for a quarter mile or maybe as much as a half mile if the terrain is completely flat, and of course downhill is always a given. But on the very slightest of inclines, I need assistance.

Well, I'm also following kids around, so my unpowered pace is slow and easy. So, that helps. :)

Back