Converting a Micargi Mustang NX3

Joe EE

Hello all. Thinking about attempting this project. Has anyone else done this? Thinking about using a Magic Pie front wheel hub motor. Any thoughts from the group would be appreciated. Thanks.

Love the stretch cruiser look! But there could be a couple problems.

I assume NX3 means it has an internally geared hub, and that's why you chose a front hub motor. Seems like the right move, but there are a couple things you might want to consider.

I don't know anything about that fork, but I doubt it's up to the task of holding a Magic Pie. A Magic Pie is a big, heavy motor, and it'd be tough on any suspension fork, let alone a flexy springer fork. Swapping a fork is easy to do though.

Also, if you're planning on running at anything close to fun speeds, you'll want a front brake. If you get a new fork, maybe you can get one with a disk brake mount. Rim brakes might be ok, but with that much weight spinning in a front wheel, I'd personally opt for disk.

Maybe someone else can comment on the feasibility of using a small, geared, hub motor on a springer fork or maybe a mid-drive.

Hey , thanks John. That's why I'm here. I'd hate to buy all the parts and then hit a wall, so to speak. Looking forward to to more input from the community and I agree , I think it's a cool look!

Hello all. Thinking about attempting this project. Has anyone else done this? Thinking about using a Magic Pie front wheel hub motor. Any thoughts from the group would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joe, I put a Magic Pie on the rear wheel of my mountain bike. I'm happy with the product so far, but I'll let you know in a couple of years what I think of it. It has a lot of power and torque. I went with the 48V battery, for the most power.

Joe

Back