Controller shunt mod

Genetics

Region
USA
For anyone who’s done the shunt mod I’d like to ask, has anyone ran across these controllers that are filled with the gray colored compound, it’s kind of like that liquid rubber that you dip tool handles in……
So as it goes I would like to do the shunt mod but can’t see how to get around this issue, I’ve tried to remove the board from the controller housing but the manufacturer has completely inundated the internals of the controller with this goop.
Does anyone have any idea how to get the board out under these circumstances? I could just get a different controller but I’d like to keep the one that fits in the controller box just below the cranks.

thank you for your suggestions on this

Unfortunately you are stuck with it since that goop is there to make it waterproof, yes I have tried once to remove that stuff to fix my issue, and let me tell you it is a long and pain staking job and not worth your time,
next time I`ll just get a new controller with better specs and be done with it.

I've seen scores of BBSxx series posts where owners have picked away at the potting material to reveal and modify/repair the controller. Not for the faint of heart, but not so uncommon. See endless_sphere for better discussions.

Is this the same bike that we've discussed the past, or did you get a new one?

Attachments

• blackmax.jpg
    blackmax.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 192
Is this the same bike that we've discussed the past, or did you get a new one?
Different
Unfortunately you are stuck with it since that goop is there to make it waterproof, yes I have tried once to remove that stuff to fix my issue, and let me tell you it is a long and pain staking job and not worth your time,
next time I`ll just get a new controller with better specs and be done with it.
you made my mind up for me 😊, it looks like a detailed undertaking not worth the trouble ……

I've seen scores of BBSxx series posts where owners have picked away at the potting material to reveal and modify/repair the controller. Not for the faint of heart, but not so uncommon. See endless_sphere for better discussions.
Thank you for your reply. Yes- I’m going to get a better controller and forget the messing around with this 15 amp junk…..

Thank you for your reply. Yes- I’m going to get a better controller and forget the messing around with this 15 amp junk…..
Do your research carefully. It's about more than just price and potentially questionable specs. Make DARN sure whatever you choose has good support available.

Back