Concerned about my decision

wife is a stay at home mom with a car for running errands and such, worst case scenario I can use it especially in nasty weather. I'm more concerned about long term relaiability
tried to find the best at my budget with the juiced cross current- downside is there is no local dealer to fix it.

Im shocked that you can't get 34 miles out of 17 AH battery. I wouldn't worry, and your 'insurance' policy is to simply keep a 2nd charger at work. Something is VERY wrong if you can't get 17 miles out of a 17 AH battery. Catalyst with 48V ,14 AH battery, and 500 watt motor, goes way further than 34 miles even with hills.

H
Im shocked that you can't get 34 miles out of 17 AH battery. I wouldn't worry, and your 'insurance' policy is to simply keep a 2nd charger at work. Something is VERY wrong if you can't get 17 miles out of a 17 AH battery. Catalyst with 48V ,14 AH battery, and 500 watt motor, goes way further than 34 miles even with hills.

haven't received bike yet, spent 1700 dollars and waiting , just nervous about the expense and reliability of ebikes

I think you'll be happy with the bike. I love mine. Had it since September and commute 22 miles round trip 2-3 times a week.

Some battery chemistry's are more prone to temperature fluctuations than others. I think you will be fine.
More than anything else, you SHOULD really upgrade your rear tire to Schwalbe marathon plus. On such a long commute, getting a flat is worst kind of experience. I used to commute 60 miles round trip for about a 10 months and couple of flats really left a bad memory. It becomes frustrating if you have some meeting to attend and you couldn't make it because of a flat tire. It's no fun fixing a flat during your commute in the dead of winter.

Last edited:
I plan on using it like a regular bike, just fast. waiting to hear about being able to plug into the office.....
that said what type of speed are you holding at level 2? I'm hoping to stay 16-20mph to keep my commute at an hour and the battery life up.
I think I can go about 22-24 MPH on flat ground in level 2. Level 1 will get you up to around 20 with some effort. The motor is powerful.

Some battery chemistry's are more prone to temperature fluctuations than others. I think you will be fine.
More than anything else, you SHOULD really upgrade your rear tire to Schwalbe marathon plus. On such a long commute, getting a flat is worst kind of experience. I used to commute 60 miles round trip for about a 10 months and couple of flats really left a bad memory. It becomes frustrating if you have some meeting to attend and you couldn't make it because of a flat tire. It's no fun fixing a flat during your commute in the dead of winter.

Ill agree with that whole heartedtedly! I have some 28mm that i might toss on. Maybe.....possibly...

35 miles on a charge shouldn’t be a problem. Our Pedego 48v 17ah batteries can do close to that with no pedaling. Round trip on one charge would be hard at 20 mph (fast = more wind resistance) even with lots of pedaling, but it might be doable. The problem is that as a battery ages, its range gets shorter and shorter. If your commute is at its range limit when new, in a year or two, you probably won’t be able to make it. If you can’t charge at work, maybe a nearby business will let you plug in.

Back