Como 5.0 IGH & Vado 5.0 IGH

xsp6000

Region
Europe
City
Aarschot
It could well be that this software update
for Belgium and the Netherlands was created at the request of a number of cyclists!
A previously asked question to ridercare to adjust the bicycle cadence
has now already been incorporated into a newer software version
for all bicycles (Vado/Como/ (IGH) 02/08/2023) Motor version 8.5.0 and Display 29.E.0

Slowest 65rpm
Slower 70rpm
Slow 75rpm
Standard 80rpm
Fast 85rpm
Faster 90rpm
Fastest 95rpm

After the software update

Slowest 50rpm
Slower 60rpm
Slow 70rpm
Standard 75rpm
Fast 80rpm
Faster 85rpm
Fastest 90rpm

This would be awesome ! My bike as at the shop for the smaller gear cog 22 as I type , together this could make the what I thought I bought to begin with , hope it’s true.

Mine is a 1st year bike hope it is compatible.

This would be awesome ! My bike as at the shop for the smaller gear cog 22 as I type , together this could make the what I thought I bought to begin with , hope it’s true.

Mine is a 1st year bike hope it is compatible.
t is even best to ask the bicycle dealer.
A while ago I had contacted Specialized to ask if this could be adjusted because my wife was having problems with it,
the slowest setting was just a bit too fast for her.
Specialized told me that it was not possible because the motor would not function properly and did not have sufficient power at the low pedal revolutions.
When I showed them a graph comparing it with the Bosch CX motor, which was less powerful than the Brose 2.2 even at a lower pedal revolution, they told me they were going to investigate. Finally they changed it!

How do we get the update? I don't see anything in my app.
Perhaps the update has only been distributed for Belgium or the Dutch,
these are the data: Bike: Vado MY20-22 / COMO MY20-22 / TERO MY22

MM TCD Display Firmware 29.E.0
Release date: 02/08/2023
Replaces: 20.E.0
Optional non-Enviolo
Automatic IGH bicycles

Functions:
Improved cadence mapping for IGH automatic cycling.

It could well be that this software update
for Belgium and the Netherlands was created at the request of a number of cyclists!
A previously asked question to ridercare to adjust the bicycle cadence
has now already been incorporated into a newer software version
for all bicycles (Vado/Como/ (IGH) 02/08/2023) Motor version 8.5.0 and Display 29.E.0

Slowest 65rpm
Slower 70rpm
Slow 75rpm
Standard 80rpm
Fast 85rpm
Faster 90rpm
Fastest 95rpm

After the software update

Slowest 50rpm
Slower 60rpm
Slow 70rpm
Standard 75rpm
Fast 80rpm
Faster 85rpm
Fastest 90rpm
Just checked my US bike that was just back from the dealership getting this update and a new rear Hub / Wheel. you are right. Slowest is now 50. I can go back to using the Handlebar controls. i complained about this a year ago that with my arthritis i can't pedal that fast. They declined to fix it, but i guess they got enough complaints to set this prerply now :)

Just checked my US bike that was just back from the dealership getting this update and a new rear Hub / Wheel. you are right. Slowest is now 50. I can go back to using the Handlebar controls. i complained about this a year ago that with my arthritis i can't pedal that fast. They declined to fix it, but i guess they got enough complaints to set this prerply now :)
But....but..but they never listened to me!!!????!

Why wouldn't they just let users enter it manually, like Bosch does. It's just Apple's "the user has no brain" attitude.

Why wouldn't they just let users enter it manually, like Bosch does. It's just Apple's "the user has no brain" attitude.
In some ways it is understandable that you can choose from a certain value as now and by the way,
at Bosch there is also a min. mode when we tested, even at the beginning of this year,
it was not even possible to set it with the smart Kiox system.
Now Specialized finally listened and changed it to these values 50-60-70-75-80-85-90! which are achievable values

Anything below 65 is killing your knees, so probably that was the reason behind the previous setup. I myself pedal at average cadence of 93 (including freewheeling etc.), so it's around 97 on flats and 110 during efforts. Bosch allows you to just enter a number, like a reasonable person would do, without having to guess the numbers behind descriptions, which do sometimes change as seen in this example. But maybe that's what the market demanded

On an e-bike, the effort being reduced, there is often a use for a reduce cadence on leisurely rides.
I think extending the range to address that was a good move on the part of Specialized.

I actually went out and tried after my post above, I managed to hit 94 for only about 2 seconds going downhill in the fastest cadence setting (although only on Eco assistance). Essentially I was windmilling against no resistance and I could keep in the high 80s downhill... on the flat low to mid 80s for a couple of minutes and it felt like I was gonna bounce right out of my saddle... the high 70s is about the fastest I can sustain for any length of time and I feel most comfortable in the low 70s 😢 I can certainly imagine that some people would prefer it significantly lower than that.

I can’t seem to find this setting , could somebody give a step by step instructions to test/set this to lower cadence? I would appreciate it

I can’t seem to find this setting , could somebody give a step by step instructions to test/set this to lower cadence? I would appreciate it
Hi,

A lower cadence is available from software version MM TCD Display firmware 29.E.0. (2023/08/02) replaces 20.E.0 Required for Enviolo Automatic IGH bikes
Features: An improved cadence mapping for automatic IGH cycling
Unfortunately, the image in the manual is still with the older software! After the update, the values changed: 50 - 60- 70- 75- 80-85-90
50 = Slowest - 60 = Slower - 70 = Slow - 75 = Standard - 80 = Fast - 85 = Faster - 90 = Fastest

Attachments

• cadanse.JPG
    cadanse.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 66
Back