Comfort upright seat, quality trail bike

Ellatravels

I like the Gazelle Arroyo Elite for quality, seat and handlebar position, enclosed chain system, Bosch motor (500 wh) and the ability to detect how hard I pedal vs simply if and how fast I pedal. It was a smooth ride when I took it on demo.
My question is whether anyone can recommend an ebike that is better suited to gravel-type trails (example, rail trails like VA Creeper) where a wider tire could provide a smoother ride.
I have been trying my best to research other options but I am not familiar enough with which brands are quality options for the type I need.

I truly need an upright position due to some arm problems. I cannot have any that cause the rider to lean onto their arms. I do not need a throttle. I primarily want to ride in an Eco mode to minimally assist my riding as I rebuild strength after an injury.

thank you so much

I also ride gravel trails and require an upright riding position. After looking and test riding ebikes for 18 months, I came to the conclusion that none had everything I want. I then began looking at bikes that could be easily and cheaply modified to suit my needs. I eventually bought a bike with 2" tires suitable for gravel and added a stem riser to raise the handlebar height. Your local bike shop (LBS) should be able to assist you in making modifications.

Back